Latest post Mon, May 2 2011 9:25 PM by Larry Rubin. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 2 2011 7:55 PM

Audio Gain Keyframes All Locked

Hello Everyone!

I have a probably a relatively simple question that probably has a simple answer but I haven't found yet.

While I'm keyframing Audio Gain in the timeline with Auto Gain activated every once in awhile all the keyframes will want to adjust up and down together. For instance: If I'm working with Audio in A2 I'll be keyframing the audio waveform at different DB Levels and all at once they will all move together, even keyframes on other clips in A2. What am I doing wrong, or maybe I'm bumping a key on my keyboard that's enabling something?

Thanks for the tips. everyone's helped my learning a lot!

Jared

bump

8 Core, Windows 7 64 bit, 2.66 GHZ, 12GB Ram, MC Version 6.5.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 2 2011 8:04 PM In reply to

• MAC HOLLAND
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 9 2006
    • Holland Landing Ontario
    • Posts 733
    • Points 9,220

Re: Audio Gain Keyframes All Locked

Try removing mark in / mark out

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 4.08 Asus P6T6 WS Revolution Intel X58 LGA1366 Motherboard Intel Core i7 920 Processor BX80601920 - 2.66GHz, LGA 1366, 4.8GT/s QPI... [view my complete system specs]

MAC HOLLAND
    YORK REGION - ONTARIO

• Mon, May 2 2011 8:54 PM In reply to

As Mac said, clear you in and out marks. What you are seeing is normal behavior when you place a mark in and a mark out on the timeline. In that case, all keyframes within the marked region are adjusted globally up or down, without changing any ratios between keyframes inside the region. If you want to adjust only one single keyframe, DO NOT mark and define a region of the timeline with mark in and mark out.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, May 2 2011 9:20 PM In reply to

THANKS A BUNCH!

That's good to know, much of my audio needed to be normalized because Clip Gain and Auto Gain don't quite get it high enough and by the time the mix is done I may very well have to lower the DB's a few if it becomes too hot, this will be a fast efficient way of doing so.

Thanks Again!

- Jared Smile

8 Core, Windows 7 64 bit, 2.66 GHZ, 12GB Ram, MC Version 6.5.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 2 2011 9:25 PM In reply to

You're quite welcome, Jared. Always glad to help out.Yes

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller