Latest post Thu, Apr 21 2011 12:23 AM by newsense. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 7 2011 5:33 PM

• newsense
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Posts 58
    • Points 740

transcode and out of sync audio.

I have the MC5 trial and have some AVCHD files I am importing, I am linking to the files using AMA than transcoding to  DNxHD. When i try to transcode I get an error saying "some clips do not match the edit rate of the current project" and it gives me the option to convert and it works but the audio is out of sync. Anyone know a fix for this? Thanks a bunch.

• Thu, Apr 7 2011 5:51 PM In reply to

• Zac Hogle
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 30 2010
    • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 788
    • Points 9,715

Re: transcode and out of sync audio.

For something like this I would normally create a project in the correct framerate that the files were shot in, and then link and transcode in that project. Once that's done you can open that bin in the other project and edit away. I always find converting framerates can be a little tricky.

Z

• Thu, Apr 7 2011 6:09 PM In reply to

• newsense
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 58
    • Points 740

The videos are coming from a PVR and according to some tool I have called "mediainfo" which gives you details on videos like codecs, framerate etc. some videos from the PVR are 59.940, 59.799, 59.876, 59.763. Those are just a few I looked at, I assume they are all close but not all exactly 59.940. I assume this is the problem but even the file I have that is 59.94 gives me the same error when I try to transcode that but the audio is in sync with that video. Not sure where to go from here, any ideas? Also, the videos all play fine on my PC with no sync issues, the sync issues all come after the transcode if that makes a difference.

• Thu, Apr 14 2011 9:41 PM In reply to

• newsense
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 58
    • Points 740

Thought i'd bump this thread as the issue is still unresolved.

• Thu, Apr 21 2011 12:23 AM In reply to

• newsense
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 58
    • Points 740

I decided to just straight import even though the amount of time ti takes is insane and I still have out of sync audio/video. Seems the audio is always a little bit ahead of the video, I can't believe I am the only one that has had this problem. If anyone has an idea i'll try just about anything now. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller