Latest post Wed, Feb 2 2011 2:44 AM by Michael Jordan. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 1 2011 10:46 AM

Trying to export AVI

I am at a lost. I am trying to export this video time line so I can burn it to DVD with Avid DVD by Sonic. If I have not included enough info. Please let me know and  iwill try to get it. I am getting one of two errors.

compression error in clip Savannah to St maarten Bin.08 error code CMError_Codec

or

Long GOP media can not be exported using QuickTime Reference. You need to export as Quick Time movie.

Dell Studio XPS, i7 quad core, 12 gig memory. 1 gig ATI gaming video card. I had to install a fire wire card with the Texas Instruments chip. That was... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 1 2011 10:49 AM In reply to

• udosauer
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • Posts 441
    • Points 5,190

Re: Trying to export AVI

Hello,

Do a complete videomixdown and try again. You can't make a qtref if you have long-GOP media in your timeline.

Udo

2x HP Z800 with Mojo DX and MC7.0 | 1x HP Z800 with Nitris DX and MC7.0+SYM-Option | 1x Unity MEFC5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 1 2011 10:59 AM In reply to

Have you tried Quicktime export instead of avi? In QT you can set a lossless codec like Animation or just plain uncompressed (None) or go for DNxHD 185 for example... Very good but quite slow would be h264 at high setting... Avi export in Avid is not very practical because after 2 GB it will stop, and thats just a few minutes depending on the codec you used.

Symphony 6.0.3 | i7 2.8 GHz | Asus P66X58-DE | 18GB Ram | Quadro FX 4500 | Nvidia driver 296.35 | SB X-Fi Music WIN7 64bit Pro | classicshell [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 1 2011 11:06 AM In reply to

video mixdown, got this error. compression error in clip Savannah to St maarten Bin.08 error code CMError_Codec. Do I look for corrupt clips in my time line?

Dell Studio XPS, i7 quad core, 12 gig memory. 1 gig ATI gaming video card. I had to install a fire wire card with the Texas Instruments chip. That was... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 1 2011 11:19 AM In reply to

yes, try marking the first half of your timeline, make a mixdown. if the error occurs, you know its in the first half. if not try the second half. go on splitting the faulty half in pieces again until you find the clip, or probably a bad effect like a transition. delete and recreate the effect, then it should work... good luck!

Symphony 6.0.3 | i7 2.8 GHz | Asus P66X58-DE | 18GB Ram | Quadro FX 4500 | Nvidia driver 296.35 | SB X-Fi Music WIN7 64bit Pro | classicshell [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 2 2011 2:28 AM In reply to

OK, I have narrowed it down to one section of one clip. Can a desolved cause the error?

• Wed, Feb 2 2011 2:44 AM In reply to

I took one set desolve out making the sound and video and it worked. I put it back in and it fails. What is this telling me?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller