Latest post Thu, Jan 13 2011 7:28 PM by Juris Eksts. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 12 2011 11:59 PM

• Mike
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 14 2010
    • Lost Angelas, CA
    • Posts 15
    • Points 230

Multicam - changing multiple clips to a different camera?

Hey everybody,

I've always wondered about this function and now it's come into play.

I've got a long stringout thats cut up and I'd like to change all of the audio to the B-camera audio.  Is there a way to change the audio selection for a bunch of segments at once, instead of clicking and changing each segment one by one?

For now, I just switched to "audio follow video" and went clip by clip changing the camera selection with the keyboard, and then re-laid the video track.  This isn't the most challenging task in the world, but I was just wondering if there is a quicker, more "official" way to do it that I don't know about.

I'm on MC3.5.4 with an Adrenaline

Thanks! 
    Mike 

• Thu, Jan 13 2011 2:33 PM In reply to

Re: Multicam - changing multiple clips to a different camera?

You could try putting the b audio on the first cut section, then trimming that audio along till you come to an actual cut in the sequence (rather than just a switch from one camera to another).

But next time, rather than choosing audio follow video, just select the B camera audio, (in the same place that you chose audio follow video), and use only that.

• Thu, Jan 13 2011 3:07 PM In reply to

• Mike
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 14 2010
    • Lost Angelas, CA
    • Posts 15
    • Points 230

Right, but thats still going clip by clip (and actually edit by edit).  I'm wondering if there's a way to change it all in one fell swoop once it's laid out in a timeline.

Thanks!

• Thu, Jan 13 2011 7:28 PM In reply to

Sorry, I don't think there is, it'll have to be edit by edit.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller