Latest post Tue, Nov 23 2010 3:55 PM by Mark Carr. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 22 2010 3:12 PM

• Mark Carr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 27 2010
    • Montreal
    • Posts 36
    • Points 465

Does anyone know what would cause this???

This is a problem I have been having for a while. A bunch of my parameters are unavailable. lots of people have suggested that I make sure I have a keyframe selected. As you can see from the image, I have an active keyframe and still a lot of my sliders are unavailable. I never had this issue with MC4 does anyone have any ideas......

Thanks

Mark

Media Composer 5, Mojo sdi, Mac Pro , 12 gb RAM, 2x3Ghz quad core Intel Xeon , OSX 10.6.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 22 2010 3:19 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 11,432
    • Points 135,650

Re: Does anyone know what would cause this???

Activate the keyframes in the smart tool

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW W8,1 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X Rams 64 gigs... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas

• Mon, Nov 22 2010 3:23 PM In reply to

You need to select a keyframe inside the advanced keyframer, not the standard effects window keyframe timeline. From your screen grab it's tough to tell what effect you are working with.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Nov 22 2010 3:29 PM In reply to

• Tugger
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Champaign Illinois USA
    • Posts 633
    • Points 8,190

To amplify what mjolnarn said; in MC5 we are in the AVX2 world, you need to highlight/create keyframes in the FX pallete, not in the "timeline" below the monitor. Either open the individual parameter, or scroll to the top of the pallete and right click to select "add keyframe". Once a keyframe is created, click on the keyframe at the top of the FX pallete or within the parameter to make sure you're selected (and available)

MediaComposer 7 on HP8770 Windows7 pro64 / MediaComposer 5.5 on HP8740.eSATA external media drives. Samsung 24" computer monitors when in office.... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:14 PM In reply to

• Mark Carr
    • Not Ranked
    • Montreal
    • Posts 36
    • Points 465

Hi ok so I have selected key frames in the smart tool. ( this is the animatte effect btw) But I do not know how to add an advanced key frame. the bottom in the bottom right of the effects palette that allows me to see the key frame graphs is not there. And where ever i right click on the effects pallet I just get a "whats this" drop down

Media Composer 5, Mojo sdi, Mac Pro , 12 gb RAM, 2x3Ghz quad core Intel Xeon , OSX 10.6.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:20 PM In reply to

Not in front of my MC 5 right now, but apparently advanced keyframes is not available for animatte. If that is the case, after selecting the keyframe on the effects window timeline, click on the monitor and see if the adjusters reappear. I know this works on Newscutter 8.0.2 (similar to MC 4.0.2). I just created an animatte stencil, navigated away from the effects clip, returned to the effects clip, clicked on the effects window, and the adjusters reappeared.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:23 PM In reply to

Hi Mark,

Have you already drawn a shape, and if so, is it selected?  I don't see the bounding box around whatever shape you've drawn, which makes me think either a) there's not a shape or b) there's a shape but you haven't selected it.  Either of those would make the sliders disappear.

If there's a shape and I just missed it, sorry.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 7.0.3 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:49 PM In reply to

• Mark Carr
    • Not Ranked
    • Montreal
    • Posts 36
    • Points 465

GOT IT!!!!!!!! Thank you so much guys this has been doing my head in for weeks 

Again thank you

• Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:53 PM In reply to

Mark Carr:
    GOT IT!!!!!!!! Thank you so much guys this has been doing my head in for weeks 

Again thank you

You're welcome.  It'd help people in the future if you could tell us what the problem was.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 7.0.3 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Nov 23 2010 3:55 PM In reply to

• Mark Carr
    • Not Ranked
    • Montreal
    • Posts 36
    • Points 465

Sorry , It was the the combination of not using the advanced key frame and not having the shape selected. I presumed avid would just know to work on the only shape there. Anyway thanks again for you help 

Mark

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller