Latest post Thu, Oct 12 2017 5:20 PM by Marianna. 77 replies.
Page 4 of 6 (78 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 12 2011 5:50 PM In reply to

• espy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 16 2006
    • Farnham, Surrey, UK
    • Posts 43
    • Points 525

Re: Looking for the Latest Patches?

Great, thanks for that link 'Monkey.

But now I have a problem with Media Composer's [Special > Deactivate Software License...], that option is greyed-out, it won't let me let it go!  I assume MC is activated since it comes up and interacts ok otherwise...

On a hunch about the cause, I tried to register but then it it complained that the product was already registered (as I imagine it should have been, but it was worth a try).

Also tried rebooting but no difference.

Any ideas what's the problem with Deactivate?

"Watch the show not the pixels"

• Fri, Aug 12 2011 6:24 PM In reply to

• espy
    • Not Ranked
    • Farnham, Surrey, UK
    • Posts 43
    • Points 525

Doh! I think I found the answer, at http://community.avid.com/forums/p/97503/559080.aspx

<<You don't need to "Deactivate" if you're using a Dongle.  Only if you're using "Software Activation". >>

Yes, I've got a dongle...

So I guess all I need to do is uninstall and reinstall, is that right?

• Fri, Aug 12 2011 8:53 PM In reply to

• espy
    • Not Ranked
    • Farnham, Surrey, UK
    • Posts 43
    • Points 525

Yes, I did that (and also uninstalled all the other Avid programs like FilmScribe) and, following reboot, it installed fine!

• Sat, Aug 20 2011 5:33 PM In reply to

Hello Larry, Thanks for the link to the 5.5.3 patch.  I installed this patch and I continue to have a problem with the AudioSuite Tool.  It loads okay, and I can apply the NORMALISE option to a mixed-down audio track, but when I try to process the effect, I get an error message that reads as follows:

AudioSuitePIControler::RequestAudioSamples()  Unexpected AME status [1].

This has been going on since I first upgraded to MC5.5 this past spring.  It happened initially on my new HP Z400 this past spring.  I tried looking around the forums and found no help so I chaulked it up to an anomoly in my Z400.  I have also applied all the updates.  But last week I had to buy a new HP laptop, a HP8540w and it happend with this machine also and it driving me crazy that this problem keeps moving up the ladder to each higher numbered version of this software.  This morning I applied the newest 5.5.3 patch hoping that it would solve this thing -- nothing doing.  Both of these HP machines and their components are precisely receommended and vetted by this company.  So my question to you is how come such a vital tool in this MC software will not function.  What the devil am I doing wrong?  Is there a settings option that has escaped my notice?  This is very frustrating and would like to see a solution to it.

All the best, Peter

SYSTEM ONE: MC 7 on HP Z400 W3550 - WIN7 64 BIT QC 3.06GHz; 6GB MEM; 320GB 7200rpm internal nVidia FX3800; Integrated SATA RAID; MATROX MINI MAX 3-Port... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 20 2011 6:36 PM In reply to

Peter:

I just tried to replicate your problem - creating an audio mixdown track, apply normalize effect and render - everything works fine: it renders, processes and finishes normally without any error. I'm running MC 5.5.3 on XP Pro. I wonder if this is a W7 Pro 64 issue. Can anyone else out there running MC 5.5.3 on anything OTHER than W7 Pro 64 replicate Peter's error message?

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Aug 20 2011 7:09 PM In reply to

Thanks Larry,  The problem also occured on a VISTA 64 system I was using with MC5.1 about three months ago.  Other than this problem, WIN7 64 on these two machines is very stable and I am happy with it.  Am I correct in remembering that WIN7 64 is vetted for these two machines according to the specs/requirements page?

SYSTEM ONE: MC 7 on HP Z400 W3550 - WIN7 64 BIT QC 3.06GHz; 6GB MEM; 320GB 7200rpm internal nVidia FX3800; Integrated SATA RAID; MATROX MINI MAX 3-Port... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 20 2011 7:13 PM In reply to

Specifically, W7 Professional 64 is vetted.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Aug 20 2011 7:46 PM In reply to

Larry, I applied the Normalize effect on a clip -- not on an audio mixdown, as before -- and the AudioSuite Tool worked fine.  I hope this helps.  Is there a setting parameter in AUDIO PROJECT I need to look at?

Peter

• Sat, Aug 20 2011 7:58 PM In reply to

peter melaragno:
    Is there a setting parameter in AUDIO PROJECT I need to look at?

Not that I can see that would relate to this problem, no. And an audio mixdown clip is essentially the same as a standard source clip, so all the more of a mystery why it should work on one but not the other........

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Aug 20 2011 8:10 PM In reply to

Larry, I was using the AudioSuitge Tool on mono-output trecks.  I to apply the Normalize on stereo-output and no go there either.  I also tried changing the audio-file format to OMF and nothing.

• Sun, Aug 21 2011 8:39 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,715
    • Points 113,650
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Peter - Can ypou post the exact steps you take which results in this error.   Please list them 1., 2., 3., etc....

Make sure you include your current Platform, OS etc... ( I know it also happened before but lets focus on the latest).

Larry - can you then escalate this. Kate should be running point on escalations while I am out and can at least see if Customer Support can duplicate this.

Thanks

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Sun, Aug 21 2011 9:10 PM In reply to

Will do, Marianna.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Aug 22 2011 7:05 PM In reply to

Peter:

Still waiting for your response to Marianna's post so I can escalate this issue...

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Aug 22 2011 7:25 PM In reply to

I sent it last night.  I guess it went to some else in the chain.  Sorry about that; I will find it here and forward.  But wait ... I think it went to forum administrator last night and I see that this is your address.  I will paste it here below...

Peter

FIRST REPLY:

Okay.

My system is a HP 8540w - WIN7 64 BIT (no Service Pac) i7 Q720 @ .60GHz; 16 GIG MEM; 320GB 7200rpm internal; nVidia Quadro FX1800M.  BIOS - 68CVD Ver.F.0F.  There is a SiL3132 SOFTRAID 5 Controller with a BUS-34 card and a RAID5 box attached.

I was running MC 5.5.2 and I have applied the 5.5.3 patch, but the problem occurs identically whether 5.5.2 or 5.5.3.  The steps are as follows:

- I am in a 30i NTSC project with Standard DV media in MXF format. 

- I have four tracks of MONO audio (but error occurs also in STEREO).  I select all four tracks an mark in/out at start/start of the sequence.

- I go to pull-down menu SPECIAL and select AUDIO MIXDOWN to an empty AUDIO TRACK 5 in sequence.

- As a test I now go to one of the AUDIO clips in audio TRACK 2 and mark in/out on one clip and do the same AUDIO MIXDOWN from SPECIAL MENU, now directed to TRACK 6.

- I then open the AUDIOSUITE TOOL from the TOOLS menu.

- The TOOL opens fine wherein the bottom dialog box in the TOOL cycles through its files and ends with "CONNECTED TO DAE."

- I select TRACK 5.

- I go to HAMBURGER MENU in TOOL and select NORMALIZE.

- I then click on the RENDER logo in the TOOL and render.

- The progress bar comes up and shows progress right to the end, then a 5 second pause and the following ERROR MESSAGE: AudioSuitePIControler::RequestAudioSamples() Unexpected AME status [1].

- Alternatively, I select in/out of entire TRACK 5 and then go to CLIP MENU and select RENDER IN/OUT.  Now the PROGRESS BAR comes up right to the end saying that it is ANALYZING the effect.  In less than 2 seconds the PROGRESS BAR disappears, but now no ERROR MESSAGE.  And the effect was NOT rendered.

- I then select TRACK 6 with the MIXDOWN of the single clip in TRACK 2.  I CLICK on the render LOGO in the TOOL and the effect is RENDERED successfully.

- I then go to the actual audio CLIP on TRACK 2 and apply the NORMALIZE effect on it and it also RENDERS successfully.

- If I try to apply any of the other effects from the TOOL'S hamburger menu, I have the same results as above.

Thanks, Peter

SECOND REPLY:

To all;

I hope you all received my last POST detailing the AudioSuite Tool problem.  This morning I discovered a new wrinkle to the problem.  If I make a duplicate of the sequence with the AudioSuite effect (but only including video and the single audio track with the normalize effect) and then rename it -- when I try to process the effect the usual error occurs.  BUT if I do the same duplicate but slightly less than the entire sequence -- even shorter by only a few frames -- when I process the effect, IT WORKS!

Peter

• Tue, Aug 23 2011 12:36 PM In reply to

I have escalated this issue to Engineering.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 4 of 6 (78 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller