Latest post Mon, Feb 24 2014 6:29 PM by cable. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 12 2010 7:14 PM

Unwanted Headings in ALE Exports

Greetings,

I am trying to export ALEs from the Text tab using a custom set of Headings. Every time I export an ALE I have the End column inserted into the file. I, of course, do not have End selected as a Heading and do not want it in my ALEs. Moreover, even when I deselect ALL headers and export an ALE, I still get Start, End, and Tape columns. Why are these columns appearing? How can I export an ALE and be sure only the Headings I've selected will appear in the output file?

MacPro "Nehalem" Dual 2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 8GB 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, Mac OSX 10.6.8, Avid MC v5.5.3.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 24 2014 6:29 PM In reply to

• cable
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 27 2007
    • Pacific NW
    • Posts 393
    • Points 5,050

Re: Unwanted Headings in ALE Exports

super old post but I came across it and thought I'd answer this one. These headings that you can't get rid of are part of the ale spec. They must be here. If you must remove them for whatever reason you should write a shell or python script to remove them but don't plan on bringing it back into Media Composer.

http://www.24p.com/ALE.htm

-Cablet

20 x Media Composer 8.6.5 Mac Pros 32MB RAM OSX 10.11.6 AJA and Nitris DX hardware Avid Nexis Enterprise [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller