Latest post Tue, Aug 3 2010 6:08 PM by JohnnyMeck. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 26 2010 6:28 PM

Title tool positioning shifts from Media Composer to Symphony

When passing chyron titles from offline to online, the text shifts. In Avid Media Composer offline, 2-line texts (top and bottom) lined up perfectly vertically, but when we bring it to online (symphony), the texts shift slightly and no longer line up. Since we have hundreds of titles that have to be re-created, it wastes hours of online time to fix each title.

Both systems are PC xw8600s. In offline, we create titles at 10:1m in a SD project, in Online, we recreate them in a 1920x1080i HD project. In symphony, the titles look lined up when opened in the title tool, but when saved they shift so that they are no longer lined up vertically. Perhaps this is simply a symphony issue?

We didn't have this problem before we upgraded from Avid 3.0.5 to Avid 4.05 for both Media Composer and symphony.

Thanks,

Kent

Filed under:
  • Mon, Jul 26 2010 7:25 PM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,993
    • Points 37,730

Re: Title tool positioning shifts from Media Composer to Symphony

This is a running bug that comes and goes.

The question is, does anyone else still see this in 5?

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Wed, Jul 28 2010 1:07 AM In reply to

Is there a workaround for users who cannot upgrade for a while?

Thanks,

Kent

• Wed, Jul 28 2010 2:46 PM In reply to

• Mark Renz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 21 2006
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Posts 1,031
    • Points 12,810

TCurren:
    The question is, does anyone else still see this in 5?

Yes

Media Composer Nitris DX 2018.4 with Symphony option Win10 64Gb Ram * Media Composer 8.8 with Symphony option Nitris DX Dual 2.66GHz "Westmere"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 3 2010 6:08 PM In reply to

• JohnnyMeck
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 1 2010
    • Knoxville, TN
    • Posts 12
    • Points 140

Yes, plus I would normally fix this kind of problem by using a text w/o source file in a bin and ctrl+double click to apply it to multiple text clips simultaneously.  Now when I ctrl+double click it brings up the text editor.  Is there a new way to apply the text attributes to multiple clips?  

Avid 8.8.5 Symphony, Artist DNxIO, HP z840, 2.6Ghz Xeon E5-2640 8 core, 64GB RAM, Windows 7, NVIDIA Quadro M4000 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller