Latest post Tue, Aug 17 2010 7:39 PM by bno.las. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 16 2010 9:08 AM

edl_mgr.exe - no medium in Drive \Device\Harddisk5\DR5

I´m using EDL Manager v 27.0, the one coming with MC5.

On opening Edl Mgr, I get the error message:

"Es befindet sich kein Datenträger im Laufwerk. Legen Sie einen Datenträger in Laufwerk \Device\Harddisk5\DR5 ein."

that translates approx. like

"there is no medium in the drive. Please insert medium into \Device\Harddisk5\DR5."

I click continue, the message comes again with a higher number, about 4 times, then EDL Mgr starts.

FilmScribe does the same. I assume some or other folder in documents and settings does not exist, I tried to spy on it with Windows ProcessMon but could not find it.

I normally would not care and just click "go away", but I am thinking maybe EdlMgr isn´t working quite the way it should, because I added a tapename to AMA linked clips, but the edl stays blank.

Any ideas?

Symphony 6.0.3 | i7 2.8 GHz | Asus P66X58-DE | 18GB Ram | Quadro FX 4500 | Nvidia driver 296.35 | SB X-Fi Music WIN7 64bit Pro | classicshell [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 17 2010 7:39 PM In reply to

• bno.las
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 17 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Re: edl_mgr.exe - no medium in Drive \Device\Harddisk5\DR5

Thomas Erichsen:
    I added a tapename to AMA linked clips, but the edl stays blank.

take a look at this thread

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/85019/494826.aspx#494826

it appears the get sequence command in EDl manager isnt working anymore.So you have to manually open your bin (insinde edl manager) and then choose the sequence you want to get the edl from.

i had lots of these errors in past versions of EDL manager and Filmscribe but they dont meant anything at all

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller