Latest post Wed, Oct 3 2018 3:42 PM by Marianna. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 15 2010 7:43 AM

• Jayson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, May 5 2008
    • los angeles
    • Posts 373
    • Points 4,690

How do you deactivate and delete mc4 license?

Hi,

I've searched the forums and avid help but can't find any info on how to deactivate avid. It's probably right in front of me but I can't see it.

Also, I'm having a problem where I've upgraded from mc4 to mc5 (after uninstalling mc4) and I think the mc4 license might still be on my computer. Because now avid tells me that my one seat is already taken and will only open in trial mode. this happened when I first upgraded and Marianna deactivated the mc4 activation. Everything was working for a few days then randomly, (after avid crashed I believe) it started throwing up the same activation error again telling me my one seat is already in use. :(

So I'm guessing that my mc4 license might still be prowling around and after the crash avid looked to the wrong license for activation, maybe??? So I'm wondering where I would look to delete it.

thx, jayson

Avid 8.4.5 w/ Symphony x2 (1) iMac 2014 32gb Ram 4gb vram (2) Macbook Pro (just for writing not editing) (camera) Panasonic GH4 x2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 15 2010 8:52 AM In reply to

• Freddy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 5 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 253
    • Points 3,020
    • Avid Employee

Re: How do you deactivate and delete mc4 license?

Everything you need to know about software licensing: (click the green headlines to expand)

http://www.avid.com/go

You uninstall like any other Windows software: Start -> Control Panel -> Add remove programs OR Programs and Features depending on OS.

Then you also have the MC5 FAQ:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=366707

If you enable or disable network cards then that could be a reason for licenses that works, then stopps working.

Some laptops save power by disabling the network card when they run on battery, turn that off, so the network cards are always on.

http://www.freddylinks.com <-- Find EVERYTHING Avid and Tutorials there. Probably the most comprehensive Avid only webpage with over 2000+ Links to Avid Video Tutorials and Avid Information for Media Composer, NewsCutter, Symphony, Interplay, ISIS, Unity MediaNetwork, ProTools, Avid Artist Series. Completely free of fees, registrations, and ads.

• Tue, Jun 15 2010 9:11 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,414
    • Points 63,435

You should have deactivated before uninstalling from the Special Menu, now Your SYS ID is activated for the Avid registration system and You're not allowed to activate again; either You call Avid support or contact BLKDOG or Marianna via the forum to clear things off. hth

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Tue, Jun 15 2010 10:13 AM In reply to

• Jayson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, May 5 2008
    • los angeles
    • Posts 373
    • Points 4,690

oh thx Freddy,

the www.avid.com/go was what i was looking for. And there's the deactive button right under the special menu I thought I looked under all the menu's. I knew it had to be right in front of me.

Unfortunately I can only get into avid through the trial version so I can't deactivate whatever seat it thinks i have activated, I only have one computer.

Luca, thx for the suggestions. Marianna deactivated my system for me already after I upgraded to mc 5 without deactivating mc4 first. This time I'm not quite sure why it deactivated.

Freddy is there a way to see which network adapter is associated with my serial activation. When I run license info it tells me the info of the trial version (or atleast the serial # it shows isn't my normal one.) Also, according ipconfig my network adapter is up plus I've got internet connectivity.

Avid 8.4.5 w/ Symphony x2 (1) iMac 2014 32gb Ram 4gb vram (2) Macbook Pro (just for writing not editing) (camera) Panasonic GH4 x2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 3 2018 12:41 AM In reply to

• Socalyaya
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 27 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

I cannot activate my software for osome reason. 

It was working fine. 

same error issue. 

• Wed, Oct 3 2018 7:40 AM In reply to

If its the same issue then its the same solution. If you have already activated that license then you need to contact support to have that license released so it can be re activated again. Support calls related to licensing are free.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Wed, Oct 3 2018 3:42 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Socalyaya:

I cannot activate my software for osome reason. 

It was working fine. 

same error issue. 

I see that Ralph took care of you.... if you still need help, email me.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller