Latest post Sat, Jul 24 2010 12:33 PM by camoscato. 97 replies.
Page 1 of 7 (98 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 11 2010 6:35 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,283
    • Points 219,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Yes [Y] Fromm Marianna: PLEASE READ IMPORTANT

All,

Many of you have emailed me the past 24 hours with issues pertaining to your free MC v5 upgrade. 

For those that bought between 3/10 and 4/12 you wemail has yet to be deployed but is being worked on so expect it within the enxt few days.

For those of you that bought a new Media Composer v4 system or an upgrade to Media Composer v4 between 4/12 - and 6/10 AND registered it during that timeframe, should have received an email from Avid directing you to http://www.avid.com/protect for your free MC v5 download.

Fo the group that bought and registered between 4/12 and 6./10, unfortunately there was an error on our end that is preventing many of you from being able to upgrade properly from this site. 

Anyone that has gone to the protect site http://www.avid.com/protect  from 6/10 at 12:30 PM ET through 6/11 before 1:00 PM ET will need to revist the site for your correct serial #.  The serial # you received during that timeframe stated above is invalid.

You can identify an incorrect serial # by looking at the last digit of the first group in the serial # range.

Example "JDESN-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"   The N indicates it is the wrong serial #.

Everyone that received the email from Avid should receive and email  again today with the following note added:

------------

Important Updated Information From Avid

June 11, 2010

We understand that some of our customers have had difficulties with the http://www.avid.com/protect site where they may have been issued an invalid serial number.  We are happy to report that the issue has been resolved and we encourage you to revisit http://www.avid.com/protect for your free upgrade.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate your patience and commitment to the Avid editing applications.

------------

My sincere apologies to everyone who has been impacted by this issue.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Jun 11 2010 7:26 PM In reply to

• B. Kaulfuss
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Germany
    • Posts 11
    • Points 195

Re: Fromm Marianna: PLEASE READ IMPORTANT

I revisited the protected site, got my new serial number, tried to activate and got now the error:

You have reached the maximum allowed activations for this serial number!

Allowed sets 1

Currently active set 1

Do i have to reinstall MC5.

Hope Yo can help me.

Bernhard

Intel I7 930 2.8 GHz, Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 12 Gig Ram, Geoforce 285 GT, System HD 1 Gig, 3-Hard disks Samsung 3,5 TB Raid 5, Asus VW246 HDMI... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 12 2010 7:14 PM In reply to

• Lasse
    • Not Ranked
    • Denmark
    • Posts 30
    • Points 470

Hello,

just visited the protected site, passed the check and given a new serial JDESV-xxx....  - Guess im fine.

Available download is for XP or Mac. What happend to Windows 7 ?

Cheers

MC 6.0 Gigabyte X58A, 18GB DDR3-1600, Intel SSD 3xWD 2000GB SATA3, Intel i7 930 2.8 Nvidia Quadro FX 1800 DV500 - Edition - Liquid User - since 2001... [view my complete system specs]

best regards

Lasse - Roskilde - Denmark

• Sat, Jun 12 2010 11:29 PM In reply to

• LewS
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • West Palm Beach, FL
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 132,650
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Download the WIN version, it runs under XP and Vista 64 and W7 64. Vista and W7 32-bit are not supported.

3.15GHz E8500 CPU, Intel MB w P35 chipset, 4GB memory, Pioneer DVD burner, onboard audio, nVidia Quadro FX1700 512MB , 2TB (4 x 500GB) Raid 0 on Vantec... [view my complete system specs]

LewS

• Mon, Jun 14 2010 4:29 AM In reply to

• PaulsProd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 6 2006
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,785

Hey Guys, I installed MC4 on my Liquid box to have a poke around, but now deactivated & uninstalled according to recommendations.

I've tried to download MC5 3 times now, at over 12hrs each time. 2 failures with this message:

"Windows cannot open folder. The Copmressed Folder (drive)\MediaComposer_5.0.0.zip is invalid." These 2 attempts also produced zip files of < 1GB, so obviously failed to complete for some reason, although the download confirmed it had completed.

The download i thought successful is about 1.3GB & i can unpack the zip. However autorun fails to complete with no obvious error message. I can run each individual installer ok, but the MediaComposer msi wizard gets so far & stops with this message:

"Error 1311. Source file not found: (path)PACE32~1.cab. Veriufy that the file exists and that you can access it."

There is no such file in the download. There is a file MediaC~1.cab in this folder. If I am missing a file(s), can I download it alone instead of the whole bottle?

If i keep trying to download at this rate, i will exhaust my download quota soon.

Suggestions anyone?

System1 (I7-1). MC8.1, Squeeze9 Pro, Win7ProX64, ASUS X79 mobo, Intel I7-3930K, 16GB RAM, SSD System + 5TB RAID5 video data, NVidia Quadro FX1800, BD Burner... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 14 2010 5:23 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Paul, please read the sys specs and demands, only 64 bits versions are certified for Vista and W7

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Jun 14 2010 6:15 AM In reply to

• PaulsProd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 6 2006
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,785

Hey thanks Tomas, BUT, all the specs i can find relate to MC4 upgrade, other than what Marianne has advised in this forum. I was careful to be sure MC5 would support W764, but have not seen anything until Lew's post before me here that it would not support W732.

I had 2 machines to edit Liquid (2 licenses), the older P4 died. So I bought 2 upgrades & will be building a new PC W764 for MC5 but expected to continue to use this Core2Duo with Liquid & MC ongoing.

Is what you are saying that it won't even load on W732, or just not ''certified'?

System1 (I7-1). MC8.1, Squeeze9 Pro, Win7ProX64, ASUS X79 mobo, Intel I7-3930K, 16GB RAM, SSD System + 5TB RAID5 video data, NVidia Quadro FX1800, BD Burner... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 14 2010 6:38 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Paul Sheaffe:

Is what you are saying that it won't even load on W732, or just not ''certified'?

Well Paul, that I don´t know, and to be honest, I really see no difference

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Jun 14 2010 7:49 AM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,338
    • Points 60,280
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Bump...

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC Ultimate 2018.10.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 14 2010 10:56 AM In reply to

• Bernd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • De Wijk / The Netherlands
    • Posts 253
    • Points 3,390

Hi,
    Last night I tried the protect site and was successfull in entering my data. Not received any e-mail but it seems to work. I downloaded all the files except the pdf (instructions) as that link gave an 404-error. Download was piece a cake, no issues.

This morning I installed MC5: went smoothly. After a reboot I started the application and had to activate and register the product. Activation was first time OK, the registration failed (like with MC4). When I did the registration a 2nd time (using the website) it went ok. I think that the automatic registration during activation is not properly embedded in the MC application.

After this I closed MC5 and installed the sample media stuff successfully.

Good work Avid !!  It is highly appreciated that you have offered old Liquid users this upgrade. Now it is time to start the tutorials to learn using MC5 Big Smile .

Bye,
    Bernd

MC 5.5.3 | QT 7.6.9 | Win7 Ult 64x | Asus P8Z68-V PRO | Intel i7-2600k | Memory 16GB DDR3 1600MHz | Graphics Card ATI4870x2 2GB | C-drive 128GB SSD CRUCIAL... [view my complete system specs]

Learning by Doing Smile

• Mon, Jun 14 2010 1:21 PM In reply to

• lasssman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 7 2010
    • Toronto, Canada
    • Posts 103
    • Points 1,575

If I do this - and I have not yet received my email - I get a message saying "System not eligible for this upgrade".

This is a little worrying - does this mean I will not receive the email either? I know I registered ....

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 3.3 GHz, Intel D975XBX2 MoBo, 160 GB Sata II system drive, 1 Tb Raid 5 media and render drives, 8 GB DDR2-800 mem, Windows 7... [view my complete system specs]

Guy

• Mon, Jun 14 2010 1:28 PM In reply to

• Bernd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • De Wijk / The Netherlands
    • Posts 253
    • Points 3,390

The Avid-folks will help you soon, I assume. They are so sharp and speedy !!

I assume that you used your System ID for MC4 (the numbers, not the letters).

Bernd

MC 5.5.3 | QT 7.6.9 | Win7 Ult 64x | Asus P8Z68-V PRO | Intel i7-2600k | Memory 16GB DDR3 1600MHz | Graphics Card ATI4870x2 2GB | C-drive 128GB SSD CRUCIAL... [view my complete system specs]

Learning by Doing Smile

• Mon, Jun 14 2010 2:38 PM In reply to

• lasssman
    • Not Ranked
    • Toronto, Canada
    • Posts 103
    • Points 1,575

Davilex:

I assume that you used your System ID for MC4 (the numbers, not the letters).

Yes that is correct. Maybe I just have to wait for the email to arrive before it is valid.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 3.3 GHz, Intel D975XBX2 MoBo, 160 GB Sata II system drive, 1 Tb Raid 5 media and render drives, 8 GB DDR2-800 mem, Windows 7... [view my complete system specs]

Guy

• Mon, Jun 14 2010 4:41 PM In reply to

• Mike Shaw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Kent, United Kingdom
    • Posts 1,424
    • Points 19,730

I think it depends on when you actually ordered the MC4 upgrade and registered it.  I upgraded from Liquid way back in the middle of March at the first opportunity, and from the messages here and in other threads, we are actually getting extra special 'treatment' as, by normal procedures, I believe we are outside the usual time scale for free upgrades.  They say only the Liquid upgraders are able to get the free upgrade to MC5 if they upgraded from Liquid between the start of the offer and the announcement of MC5 - on April 10 I believe.

This is understandable - and I for one am grateful to Avid for especially allowing us that leeway.  (Mind you, we were given the hint that it would be better to wait before upgrading immediately.  Being an impatient 'want it now' sort of person, I didn't wait).

From what I gather, the upgrade procedure for the early Liquid adopters is slightly different, and is still 'in the pipeline'.  This is why I see others - round here as well - who upgraded to MC 4 more recently, already using their upgrade to MC5. On the other hand, I've had the benefit of an extra month using - or learning - MC4 over them, and although the work-flow now looks excitingly more Liquid like, I do believe the transition from MC4 to MC5 won't be as difficult to make as the original 'culture shock'.

Of course, I could be totally wrong about all of that.

As usuual...   Hmm

MC6.0.3.2 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2 MB, Intel i7-950 3.06Ghz, 12GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM, 1x500GB, 3x1TB HDrives, 2+1TB Network drives, nVidia Quadro FX1800... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 14 2010 7:50 PM In reply to

• lasssman
    • Not Ranked
    • Toronto, Canada
    • Posts 103
    • Points 1,575

You are probably right Mike. I too was a really early adopter from Liquid (April 12 I think) - I will just wait by my mailbox ...

Guy

Page 1 of 7 (98 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller