Latest post Wed, Jun 23 2010 2:03 PM by hensil. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 7 2010 9:03 PM

Crying [:'(] Link RED files setting problem

Hi,

I have link all my RED files in my DS 10.3. First off all is it possible to link from more that one source?

My biggest problem is that i have linked my RED files with the wrong setting, is it possible to relink a change the setting for all files?

Pleace help...Sad

A other thing... is the Red rocket card playing the files realtime? And no rendering? What about effects?

• Mon, Jun 7 2010 10:21 PM In reply to

• slabross
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 938
    • Points 9,690
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid DS

Re: Link RED files setting problem

Hello,

When you link, DS creates one clip that links to one RED file.  If you are looking for an option that daisy-chain several RED files to one DS Clip, this option is not available.  If you multi-select RED files, they still create several individual clips.  To unite many files to one clip you need them to be stills, and numbered.

To modify your existing linked RED files, this is a "one clip at a time" process:

- Right click one clip and select Properties (under the DS option, obviously).
     - Select the third tab.
     - Click the Format-specific option.

This is where you access the RED dialog and parameters that you can modify.

As for the RED Rocket card support, it is not for real-time performance but only to transcode RED sources faster when capturing this media DS.  It is not implemented for play back in DS, effects or not.

Sylvain Labrosse
    Principal Expert | Services and Customer Success

Avid
    3510 St-Laurent Boulevard
    Montréal, QC H2X 2V2
    Canada
    sylvain.labrosse@avid.com

Create cases online now at  csportal.avid.com 
    It's fast, easy and effective!

We're Avid.  Learn more at www.avid.com  

• Tue, Jun 8 2010 10:23 AM In reply to

Thanks SylvainBig Smile

I all ready have a timeline with all my RED files, but they are linked with wrong format settings. Then I would like to change this settings for all the files in the timeline or in my bin.

If it not possible, would it come in a new version? It's like other Avid system, where I can Batch import with other settings.

Best regards

David F. Nielsen

• Tue, Jun 8 2010 3:41 PM In reply to

• slabross
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 938
    • Points 9,690
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid DS

Hello David,

Timeline batch recapture is available in DS but for tape sources.  Clips using Link association to media cannot be recaptured.  Your only option is to access each clips properties and manually change their original "incorrect" settings.

Sylvain Labrosse
    Principal Expert | Services and Customer Success

Avid
    3510 St-Laurent Boulevard
    Montréal, QC H2X 2V2
    Canada
    sylvain.labrosse@avid.com

Create cases online now at  csportal.avid.com 
    It's fast, easy and effective!

We're Avid.  Learn more at www.avid.com  

• Wed, Jun 23 2010 2:03 PM In reply to

• hensil
    • Not Ranked
    • United Arab Emirates
    • Posts 64
    • Points 890

Hi Sylvain

I also have the same problem. When I try to update the linked file via Properties/File Info, in the box the APPLY is grayed out. This prevents me to upgrade the files. I have to again relink the files from the folder and then replace them physically on the timeline. I had posted this problem earlier and some one told me that this was a bug in DS. Is this resolved? Thanks.

DS 10.3.1/Symphony Nitris, HP8400, Dual Link, 8MB RAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller