Latest post Fri, Apr 16 2010 7:28 AM by mjolnarn. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 14 2010 5:16 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Re: More struggles with Importing from Liquid

lasssman:

Still have some nasty artifacts in fast panning shots - looks like these are caused by file transcoding combined with a rolling shutter - I don't see the problem in the original capture into Liquid, or any of the finished files I have output from Liquid.

This is propably a long gop error, as mpeg 2 files not will give you a full frame workflow.

I would recommend using Squeeze, brought with the bundle, to convert the mpeg2 files to full frame DnxHd codec files.

If these are Liquid files, I would instead recommend switching your render codec in Liquid to a fullframe one, either the default uncompressed Hd or one of Smetvids codecs, for example the 160 intra, if you have unedited clips, force them to render by for example use my workflow for this, doubleclick to open up the clip viewer and change the top luma in the CC to the right with one value.

After that the rendering is finished, either export an HD avi file or a DNxHD mov file out of Liquid from that rendered project, using this workflow will give you the best quality.

edited..

and the described workflow is also usable for handling all mpeg 2 long gop files of course as Liquid can use them as they are, one of the reasons to keep Liquid on your system until we find a better workflow.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:33 PM In reply to

• lasssman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 7 2010
    • Toronto, Canada
    • Posts 103
    • Points 1,575

Now I'm just getting totally frustrated.

My attempts today to get Sorenson to work at all leave me with no faith at all that this program is any good. I walk through the steps laid out in the help system, and nothing I do will make the "Squeeze It!" button do anything at all.

I must be missing something - but for the life of me I don't know what.

Must be missing a step somewhere - maybe in configuring the mov settings

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 3.3 GHz, Intel D975XBX2 MoBo, 160 GB Sata II system drive, 1 Tb Raid 5 media and render drives, 8 GB DDR2-800 mem, Windows 7... [view my complete system specs]

Guy

• Thu, Apr 15 2010 4:57 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Sorry, didn´t notice that you are using Windows 7 as OS, I don´t think that Squeeze 5 is W7 certified, if it doesn´t work for you, I would use Liquid ito do the conversion.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Thu, Apr 15 2010 12:57 PM In reply to

• lasssman
    • Not Ranked
    • Toronto, Canada
    • Posts 103
    • Points 1,575

Tomas, just to set the record straight I think Sorenson is actually working fine, and yes I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

I just find the interface very unfriendly to the way I think, and there are settings I obviously have to change before it will output any results. I did manage finally to get an output (although not one I could use) and decided to walk away from it for a day or two until I get my patience back.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 3.3 GHz, Intel D975XBX2 MoBo, 160 GB Sata II system drive, 1 Tb Raid 5 media and render drives, 8 GB DDR2-800 mem, Windows 7... [view my complete system specs]

Guy

• Thu, Apr 15 2010 1:16 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

I will create a little screenshow for you and all other Liquid users, not able to use if you don´t have Liquid installed unfortunately

Tomas 

• Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:42 PM In reply to

• lasssman
    • Not Ranked
    • Toronto, Canada
    • Posts 103
    • Points 1,575

What is the quality like for mov files?

Given the ease of importing them with MC5 when it comes ... is this potentially a good option, or are they too compressed to be of value?

Guy

• Fri, Apr 16 2010 7:28 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Guy, I did my first DNxHD export in 2007 and still using Liquid, that DNxHd file would have been fast importing into the version of MC that was available at that time but I hadn´t became an MC editor at that stage.

Anyhow, I used that DNxHD file for a direct Bd disc encoding and creation in Sonic Dvdit Pro HD 6,3, that disc still looks very good even when compared with what I am doing today with my VC1 files and my BD discs.

So, I see no need to wait, either for a version 5 or , maybe, a later version 6, just follow my advices and start up your project creations in the way that I have desribed.

Tomas 

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller