Latest post Tue, Apr 6 2010 6:52 PM by Marianna. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 6 2010 6:52 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,250
    • Points 206,010
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Updated -'My Account' and Avid Community" - Why Link Your Account?

Locked Contact

Detailed update 4/20/10

To be a bit more clear……as some of you can’t access the DL, Community etc…… and most of those emailing or posting have not created their Master Sign in account J

With the web consolidation and redesign, we have added single sign on functionality allowing customers to login to www.avid.com ONCE and then from there you can access your Download Center, Community, my.avid.com, and web store accounts without having to re-login to each sub-site individually. 

Note that the single sign in at this time this does not include the customer portal login or the sites mentioned below like the DUC, pinnaclesys.com etc.

All your Download Center privileges and community activity has been retained.  Before the new single sign on functionality will work, you first have to create your Avid master account.  This applies to our internal Download Center accounts and customer download center accounts. 

To do so:

1.   Go to www.avid.com and click the "Login" link (https://www.avid.com/US/account/login).  Then click "Create an account".

2.   Enter your info in the form and submit, your Master Account has been created.

3.   Next step is to link your other logins to your master account.  Click the "MyAccount" (http://www.avid.com/US/account/accountinfo) link and you'll see in the right hand column "Account Features". 

4.   To get your Download Center account linked, click the "Avid Downloads" link.  For Community select  "Community" link.

5.   Login with your existing (not the account info you just created) Download Center user/password or Community login/password.  Login and your Download Center or Community account is now linked to your Avid Master account. 

The above steps are contained in the following KB if you need to forward this information to a community member or colleague:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=36327

Note:  Customers can now instantly create a Download Center account without having to wait for manual processing.  An Avid master account must be created first.  Once the master account has been created, you can go to https://www.avid.com/us/support/downloads and complete the request form.  

Complete steps are as follows:

1.       Go to www.avid.com and click the Login link at the upper right hand corner of your browser. Then click "Create an account".

2.       Enter your info in the form and submit, your Avid.com master account has been created.

3.       Next step is to add your Download Center account to your Avid.com master account. Click the MyAccount at the upper right hand corner of your browser and you'll see in the right hand column "Account Features". Click the "Avid Downloads" link.

4.       At this page, click "Don't have a Download Center Account? Sign up Now" and complete the Avid Download Center Registration form. Once completed, you will have instant access to the Avid Download Center product list. 

The above steps are contained in the following KB if you need to forward to a community member or colleague:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=363787

You will now be able to login with a generic profile and see a limited product list. Additional entitlements when purchased are and can be added to the account by a download center administrator, or by contacting downloadhelp@avid.com.

Hope this helps.

Marianna

-------------------------

Communication from 4/12/10

Hello all,

We have news to share with regards to streamlined online account access for Avid customers.

Customer feedback has shown that you want an easier process to access all portions of Avid.com which require a login today.  The task of handling numerous login names and passwords can be difficult and often customers are forced to reset some if not all of their credentials.  This is time consuming and can even cause frustration when there is a need to access for example, the Download Center or Video Community in a mission critical situation.  

With that feedback in mind, we have begun the process of streamlining account login so that customers may login ONCE and receive access to a variety of Avid online tools. To begin with:

* account.avid.com (access to order tracking, serial numbers, product downloads, and more)
    * store.avid.com ( the Avid web store for online purchasing)
    * esd.avid.com (the Download Center)
    * community.avid.com (the Avid Video Community)

Other Avid sites for example the Digidesign forums known as the duc.digidesign.com, Pinnaclesys.com forums and the pinnaclesys.com eStore will continue to require separate logins and these sites will migrate under this new streamlined account access over time.

'My Account' and Single Sign On
    'My Account' is a feature introduced on the new Avid.com. It will serve as a single point for combining your pre-existing online accounts with Avid.

Your Avid Store, Download Center, Account.Avid.com and Community.Avid.com accounts will go through a brief yet required process of linking to 'My Account' single sign on.

Once done, you will have a single account and sign in username/password for all the aforementioned sites.

How will the new process work?

If you don?t have a pre-existing account:  Customers that have never created an account with Avid will be directed to the 'My Account' site where they will create a new Avid account.  Customers will complete the form (shown below), after which, they will have access to the four primary sites.

If you already have an account: Customers who already have an account will need to link it to 'My Account' the next time they log in to one of the four primary sites.  You will be presented with on-screen instructions for linking accounts the next time you log-in to your account.

What does this mean to Video Community and Download Center?

Avid Customers that are currently logged in to Community.Avid.com and/or the Download Center and have previously selected the "next time automatically sign me in" check box or "remember me until I logout" check box will not be affected by the single sign on 'My Account' process until after they log out and attempt to log back in.  

We urge you to not wait. Please log out and begin the simple process of merging your accounts to one 'My Account'.

Note:  The store.avid.com and account.avid.com do not allow permanent log in so if accessed, the single sign on process will be deployed.

Password changes
    Remember, when resetting your password it will affect multiple portions of the site that require you to login today. When you reset your password from Monday April 12, 2010 onwards, your new login information will be applied to the following:

* account.avid.com
    * store.avid.com
    * esd.avid.com (the Download Center)
    * community.avid.com

Where to go for Help

Customers that experience difficulty merging their accounts or have a problem logging in to Community.avid.com should email forumadministrator@avid.com for assistance, or post in the Community Issues and Suggestions Forum.

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller