Latest post Fri, Oct 21 2005 12:14 AM by dambro. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 21 2005 12:14 AM

• dambro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

.swf importing request

I’m working at an Animation Studio that uses Flash MX 2004 to animate the show we are producing; Flash uses an exporting format called .swf.  Both the Media Composer Adrenaline HD and Avid Express Pro HD do not support this format. We would like the ability to import .swf files directly into the Avid. Currently, we have implemented a work-around that forces us to batch export the .swf using Quicktime Pro and create new quicktimes with the animation codec. Our goal would be to circumvent the batch process entirely and import the .swf’s directly. The catch is that Flash is a vector based program and that the .swf are also vector base. Although, I have been hearing conflicting stories that Flash is, in reality, rasterizing the .swf’s as it exports the file. What I do know for sure is that Quicktime can read them, and that final cut can indeed import them as well. My hope is that it Avid could write HIIP importer file that would allow both the Media Composer Adrenaline HD and Avid Express Pro HD to import these files.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Systems:
    Media Composer Adrenaline HD 2.1.6
    (2) Avid Express Pro HD 5.2
    LandShare 3.5.5

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller