Latest post Sun, Jul 4 2010 5:38 AM by VE7AXO. 188 replies.
Page 1 of 13 (189 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 17 2010 2:22 AM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

** IMPORTANT- 6-29-10 - Liquid to MC Information

Hey everyone.....

I just wanted to post that I am headed to NAB for the next week.  I wont be back in town until Monday April 19, 2010.

As for as email correspondence goes, I wont be responding to customer inquiries as fast as I have been.  I dont expect to get to many until I get back.

Email Correspondence Update

If anyone is eligible for the upgrade to Media Composer as they registered their Liquid, Liquid Pro or Chrome by 3/10/10 yet did NOT receive their email correspondence regarding the upgrade offer, they should still email me directly at marianna.montague@avid.com.

The email must include their name, country, email address used fo the original registration, product and serial #.  I will respond once I am back in the office Monday April 19th.

Thanks all.... have a good week and wish me luck at NAB.

Marianna

-----------------

4-2-10 Update

Happy "good friday" to all.

Good news. 

The process of transitioning stock on the Avid Web Store will be completed early than expected - products and upgrades across the globe are being added back to stock as I type.  The US site is completed and orders can commence now for the Liquid to Media Composer upgrade. 

It may take a tad longer on the Canadian, European and non-European sites due to observance of the Easter Holiday but we expect the Avid Web Stores across the globe to be able to take orders by no later than Monday April 5, 2010.

Remember, when you order, please click on the link in your email correspondence.  This will launch the store and the Liquid to Media Composer upgrade will show.  Click your region, add to cart and enter code so the price will adjust accordingly.

Apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.

Have a super weekend all..  I will be on line on and off all weekend should anyone have any questions.

Marianna

----------------------------

Update from 4-1-10

An update for the Liquid folks wanting to upgrade to Media Composer over the next week or so…    

BTW - This is not an April fool’s joke J

Heads up....   As you know, the Liquid to Media Composer upgrade is available on the Avid web store worldwide and the link to the upgrade was provided in the email correspondence you received as a registered customer. Unfortunately, the Liquid to Media Composer upgrade can not be ordered on the web store from today April 1, 2010 through Friday April 9, 2010.

Why you ask......

Starting this morning 4/1/10, Avid began the process of transitioning stock on the Avid Web Store and will be unable to accept orders during this time. We expect this transition to be complete on April 9, 2010 and at that time you will be able to order the upgrade.

What you might have seen today.........

During the transition today anyone that attempted to place an order might have observed the following note when selecting the Avid Liquid to Media Composer 4.0 upgrade:

Avid Media Composer Upgrades

There are currently no products assigned to this category.

US web store

Within the next day or so, this note will change on the US site and the image of Media Composer and an “Out of Stock” message will appear with a note similar to the one below.  Orders can still not be accepted.

Out of Stock

We are currently upgrading our infrastructure and expect inventory to be available by April 9, 2010. 

Europe, Asia, UK, and other European and Non-European web store regions ( basically everyone else)

The “Out of Stock” message update will be delayed due to the Easter Holiday. Customers in regions outside of the US will still encounter the message “There are currently no products assigned to this category”.  This will not be resolved until early next week.

Important - Customers that still have not received their email correspondence should check their registration to make sure they are eligible (must have registered by 3/10/10). 

Registrations can be checked at: http://apps.pinnaclesys.com/cdb/register/updateprofile.aspx  

If so, send an email directly to marianna.montague@avid.com  The email must contain the subject line “Liquid to Media Composer Upgrade” and the body of the email must include your name, email address, country, phone, product owned and serial #. Your eligibility will be verified with Avid’s registration lists and you will receive a response within 5-7 business days of email receipt.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and if anyone has questions, please email me. I will cross post this to the Liquid forum on Pinnaclesys.com as well.

Happy easter all....

Marianna

---------------------------------

Communication from 3-24-10

Good news to report.

1.   The European Inventory was secured ahead of schedule.  Customers in Europe can now order the Liquid to Media Composer Upgrade on the eStore and the upgrade code will work fine.

If there are any changes to inventory across the globe, I will keep you informed.

Note: please use the web store link that comes in your upgrade letter.  Once you are in the store, select your region and you will go to the proper upgrade product.  I have received a few emails where the code did not work ( US and Europe) and the customer was not accessing the right product.   Also it is important to enter the code EXACTLY as it is shown on the letter.  No added spaces or characters.  Copying the code and pasting to the code field can add an extra character to the end so please check before emailing me in a "panic " :)

2.  The email corrspondence to thos that registered but did NOT indicate a region will deploy tomorrow.  If you do not get your email correspondence by Tuesday March 30, 2010, then email me based on the instrcutions below.

Email Correspondence Instructions
    All Liquid, Liquid Pro and Chrome registrations can be checked at: http://apps.pinnaclesys.com/cdb/register/updateprofile.aspx  

Please verify your upgrade eligibility by checking your registration at the link listed above. If you still have NOT received your email upgrade correspondence based on the dates for the regions listed above then please follow the instructions below:

Send an email directly to marianna.montague@avid.com  The email must contain the subject line “Liquid to Media Composer Upgrade” and the body of the email must include your name, email address, phone, product owned and serial #. Your eligibility will be verified and you will receive a response within 7 business days of email receipt.

Thanks all

Marianna

--------

Posted 3-22-10

Another update on the email communications front.

Europe Inventory - Inventory in Europe is "out of stock" due to the high demand for this upgrade.  The good news is that the ecommerce team anticipated this based on first day of orders and we have additional inventory on its way.  We expect it to arrive Thurdsay of this week 3-25-10.  I have had reports of codes not fuctioning and this is due to the Out of Stock status.  As soon as I get word that inventory is secured and the product can be purchased, I will let you know and your code(s) should then work.

Finland, Belgium, etc....  Several countries have yet to be mass emailed.  I wasn't aware of this until today but I am expecting a detailed account of which countries are lagging by tomorrow.  I will post a note at that time with the expect date of email deployment and the date in which you should contact me if you dont receive your email correspondence.  Please hold off until you see my post tomorrow.

For those that have emailed me already from Finalnd, Belgium, etc... ( countries that were not on my original email below), please be patient as I wait for the customer list so I can cross check your codes against your email.  I will respond - promise :)

Thanks everyone... this has been a wild but fun ride.

Marianna

-----------
    Sent 3-18-10
    All Liquid registered and opted-in customers across the globe have been emailed at this point. This includes all locales and also those that did not have their country specified. The one remaining locale is Japan, which is being handled manually and occuring at this time but may take a few days.

Anyone that did not receive the upgrade email correspondence (except japan) should email me based on the instructions below.

Email Correspondence Instructions
    All Liquid, Liquid Pro and Chrome registrations can be checked at: http://apps.pinnaclesys.com/cdb/register/updateprofile.aspx  

Please verify your upgrade eligibility by checking your registration at the link listed above. If you still have NOT received your email upgrade correspondence based on the dates for the regions listed above then please follow the instructions below:

Send an email directly to marianna.montague@avid.com  The email must contain the subject line “Liquid to Media Composer Upgrade” and the body of the email must include your name, email address, phone, product owned and serial #. Your eligibility will be verified and you will receive a response within 7 business days of email receipt.

Thanks all and it may take me a day or 2 to get back with you but I am chipping away at all the email request in order received.

Marianna

---------------------------

From 3-16-10

Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank you all for your patience and cooperation the past week as we continue to move forward with the Avid Liquid to Avid Media Composer Upgrade.

For those of you that have already contacted me via email looking for upgrade status across the world, please be patient as we work through the registered customer list and respond back to you directly with information regarding your registration and upgrade eligibility.  

For those of you that have not received the email upgrade correspondence and have not contacted Avid looking for status, please read the below information regarding email deployment which will aid you in knowing where your upgrade stands.  

1.  US Based Customers
    All US Liquid customers who registered their Liquid, Liquid Pro or Chrome system(s) by March 10,2010 and also checked the “Opt In” box on the registration page should have received their email upgrade correspondence by Sunday March 14, 2010.

Any US based customer that is eligible for the upgrade based the on criteria above but has NOT received the email upgrade correspondence should contact Avid via email.  Note: See below for email instructions.

2.  Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian Based
    Customers

All Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian based Liquid customer who registered their Liquid, Liquid Pro or Chrome system(s) by March 10,2010 and also checked the “Opt In” box on the registration page should receive their email upgrade correspondence by end of business Thursday March 18, 2010.

Any Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian based customer eligible for the upgrade based the on criteria above but does NOT receive their email upgrade correspondence by end of business Thursday March 18, 2010 should contact Avid via email.   Note: See below for email instructions.

3.  Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands Based Customers
    All Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands based Liquid customers who registered their Liquid, Liquid Pro or Chrome system(s) by March 10,2010 and also checked the “Opt In” box on the registration page should receive their email upgrade correspondence by end of business Friday March 19, 2010.

Any Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands based customer eligible for the upgrade based the on criteria above but does NOT receive their email upgrade correspondence by end of business Friday March 19, 2010 should contact Avid via email.  Note: See below for email instructions.

4.  Customers who did not Indicate a Country when Registering

Any Liquid customer who registered their Liquid, Liquid Pro or Chrome system(s) by March 10, 2010 and selected the “Opt In” box but did not indicate a country in their registration should receive their email upgrade correspondence by end of business Monday March 22, 2010.

Any Liquid customer eligible for the upgrade based the on criteria above that did not indicate a country and does NOT receive their email upgrade correspondence by end of business Monday March 22, 2010 should contact Avid via email.  Note: See below for email instructions.

5.  Japan Based Customers

All Japan based Liquid customer who registered their Liquid, Liquid Pro or Chrome system(s) by March 10,2010 and also checked the “Opt In” box on the registration page should receive their email upgrade correspondence by end of business Monday 22, 2010.  

Any Japan based customer eligible for the upgrade based the on criteria above but does NOT receive their email upgrade correspondence by end of business Monday March 22, 2010 should contact Avid via email.  Note: See below for email instructions.

6.  www.avid.com Registrations
    There is a small subset of Liquid, Liquid Pro and Chrome customers who registered their product(s) at www.avid.com/register .  If you registered your Liquid family product on avid.com instead of pinnaclesys.com, your email upgrade correspondence will occur within the next 7 business days (by no later than March 25, 2010).  Note: Please do not email Avid directly until the date has passed.

7.  Email Correspondence Instructions

Important:  Please do not email Avid unless the deployment date listed above for your region, have passed.

Thanks again everyone for your patience and cooperation.  Ping me if you have any questions or ask the Liquid Moderator team - but do so sparingly
    J  

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sat, Apr 10 2010 1:00 AM In reply to

Re: New - 4-9-10 UPDATE - Liquid to MC Upgrade Information

Good Luck at NAB.

Yes

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(390.77)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2018.12 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Thu, Apr 22 2010 5:09 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

4/22/10  - Latest Update regarding Web Store stock

Both the European and US web stores are currently "out of stock" with the Liquid to Media Compsoer v4 upgrade product. 

US - Stock is shipping from Avid to the US web store site today with an expected "in stock" date of Monday April 26. 

Europe - Stock will be shipping from Avid to the 2 euro Web Store locations today or tomororw. There has been delays with shipments overseas due to the volcano issue affecting flights across the globe.  Also, demand for this upgrade has been much higher in europe and we didnt forecast enough product kits. That is being rectified.

Please note that the Avid web store is unable to take orders when an item is out of stock.  If you try and order the upgrade using your promotional code, it will come back as invalid.  This does not mean the code is no good it just means that it will tate invalid until there is inventory in the store to order against.

I should have another update tomorrow.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Apr 22 2010 11:59 PM In reply to

Welcome back.  Lucky you.   Maybe a sail is in order.

I doubt if you have found this out yet, but thought I would ask just so I would have an estimated  "waiting to hear" time frame.

For those who purchased MC4 between the time the original offer was made to upgrade from Liquid to MC4 (I think March 14 was when those sales opened) and April 12th  (when MC5 was announced as being able to be purchased by Liquid owners),  has a decision been made yet on whether those early purchasers of the Liquid to Avid upgrade (made prior to the April 12th date) will also get the upgrade. and if so, will it be at a cost or not ?

I know I have expressed my opinion on this that those early purchasers who supported Avid by making an early decision will be rewarded by Avid by getting the upgrade on the same terms as other Liquid users who waited 30 days before making their decision, but I would like to know how long down the road will it be before we know if that decision will be made and what the decision is.

That might be a lot to ask, and I am obviously hoping for a good decision that supports the early purchasers,  but no problem if you can't find out.  But if you can, or already know, it would be great to hear when available.

Dell m4600, i7-2820qm, nvidia Quadro 2000M, driver 8.17.12.6696, 16gRam, Win7Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 24 2010 12:20 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

4/23/10 - Latest Update regarding Web Stock

Both the European and US web stores are still currently "out of stock" with the Liquid to Media Compsoer v4 upgrade product. 

US - Stock is expected Monday April 26. 

Europe - Stock is expected Monday April 26.

:)

Regarding all the inquiries on whether MC 5 will be in the cards.... I should have ifnormation to post on MOnday.  Stand by... I know it seems like forever but just a little bit longer.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Mon, Apr 26 2010 10:09 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Your update for 4/26/10 ....

I have three updates for the Liquid crowd today. 

I hope to have more news tonight or tomorrow to share :)

1.  Online Store Stock - European store

As of today 4/26 - the European store has stock of the Liquid to MC v4 upgrade kit.   Therefore the product will show as "in stock" and is orderable.

2. Online Store Stock - US/Canada/APAC

As of today 4/26 - the US/Canada/Apac store has received stock but it has not been entered into inventory.  We expect the Liquid to MC v4 upgrade kit to be orderable by end of day tomorrow 4/27 at the latest.  

Note: with OUT OF STOCK status - the web store can not take backorders so if you attempt to order your promotional code will come back as invalid.  This is normal.  The code will funciton once there is stock available to purchase.

3. Codes on the Store Reported as Invalid

You only need to enter a promotional code once.  If you attempt to enter it twice the second time it will come back as invalid.  Close your browser, launch the store again, select liquid to MC upgrade, add to cart, enter promo code, apply to see price adjust accordingly, then proceed to checkout.  You do not need to enter the code again.

Thanks all,

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, Apr 27 2010 2:24 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Update for 4/27/10 and I know you are all going to like this one....

As part of our decision to end production of the Avid Liquid product family, we have offered all Avid Liquid customers who registered their Liquid product(s) by March 10, 2010, a compelling offer to purchase the Avid Liquid to Avid Media Composer v4 upgrade with Production Suite at 80% off the MSRP of Avid Media Composer v4. The pgrade is  offered on the online store worldwide and runs from March 10, 2010 and expires on June 30, 2010. 

As you know, we have had an overwhelmingly positive response to this upgrade offer, and we wanted to re-affirm our commitment to the Liquid community.

Therefore,  we have some great news to share! 

Customers that have already purchased or are planning to purchase the Avid Liquid to Avid Media Composer v4 upgrade between 3/10/10 and 6/30/10, will be eligible for a free download version of Avid Media Composer v5 (editing software), recently announced at NAB 2010, when it ships in mid June 2010.     

Customers must register their Media Composer v4 software in order to be eligible to download Media Compsoer v5 - http://www.avid.com/us/support/register/video 

The details on this added bonus are in the works and I expect to provide more details within the next week or so….

Thanks for your continued support and loyalty to Avid.  

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, Apr 27 2010 2:50 PM In reply to

• Mike Shaw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Kent, United Kingdom
    • Posts 1,424
    • Points 19,730

Fantastic news - once again, many thanks Marianna!

(I have Registered, of course - but when MC runs it says it isn't registered - I think this will be the outcome from having the activation problems in those frenetic early days!  I do have an email acknowledging registration though - others could check they have that email to be sure, and not go by what the splash screen of MC states...

I hope!)

MC6.0.3.2 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2 MB, Intel i7-950 3.06Ghz, 12GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM, 1x500GB, 3x1TB HDrives, 2+1TB Network drives, nVidia Quadro FX1800... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 27 2010 2:56 PM In reply to

• alan wells
    • Not Ranked
    • Aberdeen, Scotland
    • Posts 123
    • Points 2,025

Thank you, AVID and well done, Marianna for putting our case to 'the powers that be'! What a lovely early birthday present to receiveSmileSmile!

Intel 2.5ghz Core 2 Quad Q9300 ASUS P5N32-E, 8gb RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX 3400 256mb PCI-E, Seagate 500gb drive, Seagate 160gb drive, Seagate 500gb drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 27 2010 3:15 PM In reply to

• Andy_AK
    • Not Ranked
    • St Albans, UK
    • Posts 119
    • Points 1,560

That's great news Marianna thank you for all your efforts.

I have been holding off installing my copy of MC4 in readiness for MC5 - just a quick question regarding registration - will I need to install MC4 in order to register for the download of MC5 or can this done separately? The registration page for MC4 requires a machine id which I assume you get following installation.

Thanks again

Andy

Intel i7 950,12GB DDR3 RAM (1600),AsusP6TDdeluxe, Nvidia Quadro FX1800,Sys 500GB WD Black (Win 7 Prof), Video/export HDD-3x1TB Samsung F3, Media/Music... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 27 2010 3:20 PM In reply to

• alan wells
    • Not Ranked
    • Aberdeen, Scotland
    • Posts 123
    • Points 2,025

Andy_AK:
    The registration page for MC4 requires a machine id

Andy,

It is on the front of the box.

Regards, Alan

Intel 2.5ghz Core 2 Quad Q9300 ASUS P5N32-E, 8gb RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX 3400 256mb PCI-E, Seagate 500gb drive, Seagate 160gb drive, Seagate 500gb drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 27 2010 3:26 PM In reply to

• Andy_AK
    • Not Ranked
    • St Albans, UK
    • Posts 119
    • Points 1,560

Thanks Alan!

My MC box has been on the shelf waiting for this announcement and for me to install W7 on a new drive! I guess I should have looked at it more closely!!

Regards

Andy

Intel i7 950,12GB DDR3 RAM (1600),AsusP6TDdeluxe, Nvidia Quadro FX1800,Sys 500GB WD Black (Win 7 Prof), Video/export HDD-3x1TB Samsung F3, Media/Music... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 27 2010 3:48 PM In reply to

Marianna,

Thank you and the Avid Team for your commitment to Liquid users!

I have been sitting back and watching how this would all unfold, while holding my tongue.

I fully did not expect Avid to step up to the plate and do the right thing. So many times with corporations it’s all about the bottom line and not about taking care of the customer base, both can coexist with mutual benefits.

I applauded Avid for this move and am glad I made the move to Media Composer. I'm sure after this move Avid will have anchored in many Liquid users as happy lifetime customer into its solid base.

I quote a wise person that once said “You can never go wrong by doing right “

Looking forward to the future announcement about the productivity pack and a long business relationship with AVID

Sincerely

Red-tail-hawk
    Pleased Avid Liquid 7.2 to MC convert

Dell T7400ws win xp32 w764 [view my complete system specs]

Isa 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

• Tue, Apr 27 2010 4:17 PM In reply to

Many, Many thanks for the news on V.5 for us LE up graders, I have not had great deal of time to start learning my MC 4 yet, but what I have seen is making me excited about the possibilities once I’m familiar with it.

Now we have the V.5 upgrade to look forward to as well it gets even better, thanks again Marianna and Avid.

Chris S  

MC6.0.3 Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit,Intel core i7 Extreme Edition i7-980X(3.33GHz) Asus P67 WS Professional i7 Workstaion Mother board, 12GB CorsairXMS3... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 27 2010 4:52 PM In reply to

Thanks Marianna and Avid. Ditto on the comments. I am impressed and happy with the whole conversion process.

Dell m4600, i7-2820qm, nvidia Quadro 2000M, driver 8.17.12.6696, 16gRam, Win7Pro [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 13 (189 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller