Latest post Sat, Feb 27 2010 3:44 PM by AlanS. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 26 2010 3:04 PM

• editmk
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 10 2007
    • London
    • Posts 244
    • Points 3,365

CM_INVALID_SPLIT

I am working on a project which was shot on a Sony EX3. It was shot over a year ago and at the time I used Sony's Clip Browser to convert the footage to MXF media. I then I imported it into Avid Media Composer using 'file import'. I did this because I did not have a version of Avid at the time which linked to AMA volumes. I am now running Version 4.0.5 and have begun editing the footage.

The problem I am having is when I try to overwrite XD Cam media on the timeline I get the message  'CM_INVALID_SPLIT'. I am unable to add edits to XD Cam video already on the timeline as well.

Also I can't use segment mode to try to delete XD Cam audio from the timeline. No matter how many time I press delete it stays there. I can use segment mode to delete music on my timeline, just the converted XD Cam media won't delete. 

Any ideas?

HP XW8600 Dual Quad Core 3 Ghz Windows 8 16 Gigs of Ram 24TB of Raid 10 sata storage Media Composer 7 Matrox MX02 Mini [view my complete system specs]

www.mikegreen.tv

• Sat, Feb 27 2010 3:44 PM In reply to

• AlanS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 26 2007
    • Posts 46
    • Points 680
    • Avid EAC Moderator
      Avid Employee

Re: CM_INVALID_SPLIT

A couple of questions:

Are there motion effects around where you are trying to add edits?  Are you mixing frame rates? What version of the software were the original XD Cam edits made in?

If the problem is corruption of the sequence you might try:

1. Making a duplicate of the sequence and seeing if the problem persists in the copy.

2. Try the 'Repair Sequences' console command.

Alan

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller