Latest post Fri, Oct 21 2005 5:15 PM by BLKDOG. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 20 2005 8:30 PM

• srdjedit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 51
    • Points 665

Dual processor aware

If it does not already I would like MC to take full advantage of any dual processor systems.
    MacPro 8 core "Harpertown" 2.8 Ghz processors,4 Gig ram, OS 10.5.6, QT 7.6 Media Composer 3.12, Adrenaline w/o the HD DNX card. Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 20 2005 11:05 PM In reply to

• Rick Gayson
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Geeked [8-|] Re: Dual processor aware

Hey how about Dual Core Processors as well?  They will be here next year.

Power Mac G5 Dual 2.0 GHz 2 gig ram OS 10.4.2 250 Gig Internal HD Avid Xpress Pro 4.8.1 Q.T. 7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 21 2005 12:11 AM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Dual processor aware

AVID does not speculate on the development of any of its hardware or software. If you are submitting this as a feature request that's fine but if you are asking WHEN the dual cores will be supported, you won't get an answer here.
    Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Fri, Oct 21 2005 3:32 AM In reply to

Angry [:@] Re: Dual processor aware

I disagree. They have promised an MCA HD for mac for quite some time. I don't see why they can't offer some guidence on new macs and strategy.

If Avid's commitment to the platform is "wait and see" or "we don't know" there is a problem.

Buying an Avid is a commitment. Avid needs to keep their end of the bargin

They need to be open and clear as to what their strategy for the MCA is. Otherwise, why make the commitment? Certainty and clarity can only help the platform.

In addition, can't we get some definition on compatability with Quicktime 7.0.3? I know Mac updates have been fast and furious lately, but doesn't someone at Avid know what's up? Why are we left to take chances on our own? Someone at Avid has got to know the answer. Why not tell us?

Ok, so this is not exactly a feature request. But it is a legit response to your post. I hope someone at Avid gives this some consideration.

And btw BLKDOG, your insight and advice on this forum are fantastic. Please in no way take this as criticism.

Thanks!

MCA Macintosh 2.7, Mac 10.4.9 G5 dual 2GHz. Lots of RAM. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 21 2005 5:15 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Dual processor aware

You can disagree if you wish but what I posted is an AVID corporate policy not an opinion on why they don't tell us this stuff. You can certainly log this as a feature request, just don't plan on getting a response.

As for QT 7.02, Marianna has posted here that this version is nearing the end of its testing and should be approved soon. Many of us here are already using it with no problems whatsoever.
    Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller