Latest post Fri, Nov 6 2009 9:50 PM by danielm. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:38 PM

• danielm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 23 2007
    • Denver, Colorado
    • Posts 10
    • Points 120

I steered Avid wrong (lost Users and Projects folders)

As I was editing with the Avid open, a producer came and asked if I can type Arabic characters to open caption a program.  I changed some language settings in Control Panel and downloaded and installed an Arabic font.  Probably has nothing to do with what happened, but this is what I was doing at the time of the problem.

To install the font, I was prompted to reboot.  I did so, but forgot to close Media Composer Adrenaline.

When I rebooted and reopened Media Composer, a strange thing happened.  As the Avid MC splash screen displayed (Avid Media Composer software version 2.2.7), it said the software was unregistered.  It asked me for a location of the Avid folders for users and projects, and I mistakenly pointed to C:\Program Files\Avid\.  At this point, it booted to a "clean" version of the software and built new folders for Users, Projects and others.

My Avid files for Users, Projects and others are actually on C:\Program Files\Avid\Media Composer Adrenaline.

Now when I try to boot, it keeps booting to C:\Program Files\Avid\ and created new Projects, Users other folders normally in the C:\Program Files\Avid\Media Composer Adrenaline folder.

It looks as though the files in C:\Program Files\Avid\Media Composer Adrenaline are all there; the Avid doesn't want to look for them there anymore.

How do I restore the system so that when the Avid boots, it looks for the corrrect files in C:\Program Files\Avid\Media Composer Adrenaline ?

Software:  Avid Media Composer Adrenaline 2.2.7.

Ouicktime Pro version 7.0.4

HP Workstation xs8200,dual Xeon 3.40 GHz. Nvidia Quadro FX 1400. Windows XP SP3. Avid Media Compose Adrenaline HD, Avid software 2.2.7. Quicktime version... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 6 2009 7:59 PM In reply to

Re: I steered Avid wrong (lost Users and Projects folders)

Have you tried pointing to that folder and selecting a project?

I am not 100% sure, but AFAIK, the software will startup looking in the same place that the last project was opened.  if not available, it will default to something else.  But if you have a successful quit from MC, it should remember where you were.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Nov 6 2009 9:50 PM In reply to

• danielm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 23 2007
    • Denver, Colorado
    • Posts 10
    • Points 120

Re: I steered Avid wrong (lost Users and Projects folders)

Aha!  So, on the initial screen to select my project, I used the User pulldown menu and navigated to the correct User folder and imported all the users (one at a time) and then pointed to the correct Projects folder and opened a project. 

Upon closing the Avid and reopening, it did stick to the last project area.  Thanks!

I also took the opportunity to re-enter the company name in the registration screen.

Still don't know why Avid wants to keep creating new User and Project folders in the Avid root, but that's a minor bug-a-boo we can live with until we someday upgrade out of 2.2.7.

HP Workstation xs8200,dual Xeon 3.40 GHz. Nvidia Quadro FX 1400. Windows XP SP3. Avid Media Compose Adrenaline HD, Avid software 2.2.7. Quicktime version... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller