Latest post Fri, Oct 2 2009 10:34 PM by abernardi. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 2 2009 10:34 PM

• abernardi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 26
    • Points 350

Meridien Audio Phase Bug Fix---FINALLY

I know this is pretty much pointless, but if anyone has been frustrated with this problem and still on an old Meridien MC, I finally found a fix.

The Problem:  When working with a stereo track, let's say a stereo Dialogue stem for instance, and I make some cuts, very often the stereo image shifts.  Instead of the dialogue coming solidly from the center, it sounds dispersed, usually leaning slightly to the left.  And when I play it in reverse, it leans slightly to the right.  If you try to cut in a mono piece of dialogue, let's say, then the image shifts solidly to the center and them back.  Obviously it's a problem.  I've brought the problem to everyone I know including Avid and nobody has the slightest idea what I'm talking about.  I thought I was crazy.

The Solution:  Anyway, I had a little time to play with this because it was giving me a headache on a current project with lots of ADR.  I discovered if I pan the left channel all the way to the right, and then back to the left again, do the same with the right channel, the problem goes away.  It seems to reset everything and it comes back to normal.

Anyone have this experience, or am I the only one in the Avid community that has noticed it?  BTW, this has happened on several machines, so I know it's not just one defective machine.

Avid MC 5.0.4, Adrenalin, Mac OS 10.6.8, MacPro 1.1, 2 x 3 GHz Dual-Core, EuControl 2.7.1 (latest version for Snowleopard), Unity [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller