Latest post Thu, Mar 12 2009 6:08 PM by Mercedes. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 12 2009 12:26 PM

• Mercedes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 31 2006
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Posts 57
    • Points 615

Can't set Interplay Window Display in MC 3.1.1

We're just upgrading to MC 3.1.1 and the option to set the Interplay Window Display.  In the earlier version if you had a bin selected and used the bin muenu you could set the bin display - that is the same in this version.  In the earlier version if you then opened the Interplay Window and selected the bin menu that option changed from Set Bin Display to Set Interplay Window Display.  In this new version the option stays as Set Bin Display and is greyed out (obviously).

Has anyone else come across this - or found a way round it?

Thanks,

Mercedes

Client Operating system : XP pro SP2 Client Avid version : 3.1.1.1 QT 7.5.5 Adrenaline Sys info: CPU :xw8200 4GB ram Interplay 1.5 ISIS 2.0.1... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 12 2009 1:47 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Can't set Interplay Window Display in MC 3.1.1

Hi Mercedes,

Are you really on IP 1.1 still? If so, 3.1.1 isn't actually in bundle with that version. If you guys could upgrade to 1.5, you'll find a lot of different bugs fixed and better compatibility.

In any event, the way you change the display has changed. If we are thinking of the same function, you just right-click on the type column (I think that's the right one, I'm doing this from memory) and choose your bin options from there.

If someone who is in front of a system can help us with a better description, then we'd appreciate it.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 2:39 PM In reply to

• Mercedes
    • Not Ranked
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Posts 57
    • Points 615

Thanks Blk Dog - on the ball as usual!  It's a right click on the Type heading and select Set Type Filter!

Yes you're right we're also upgrading to Interplay 1.5 and ISIS 2.

Thanks a million,

Mercedes

Client Operating system : XP pro SP2 Client Avid version : 3.1.1.1 QT 7.5.5 Adrenaline Sys info: CPU :xw8200 4GB ram Interplay 1.5 ISIS 2.0.1... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 12 2009 5:02 PM In reply to

• Mercedes
    • Not Ranked
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Posts 57
    • Points 615

Hi again,

When I looked at the Set Type Filter more closely it doesn't do what the old Set Interplay window display did.

It doesn't apply globally - it will hold for one folder but not for subsequent ones - you seemt o have to set each one individually. 

Another PS to Avid is:  The help still tells you that you can set it under the Bin menu.

Mercedes

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 5:09 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee

Mercedes, if you close all of your windows but one, set the display type and then open a new window, does the new window display properly?

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 5:17 PM In reply to

• Mercedes
    • Not Ranked
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Posts 57
    • Points 615

Unfortunately not!  I closed all the windows but one - right clicked on type - deselected reference clips and rendered effects and hit OK.  I then opened another tab (folder) and the rendered effects displayed - when I right clicked Type on this window all the items were selected again.

Mercedes

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 5:26 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee

Are you in 1.5 yet? I think you will need IP 1.5 for this to work correctly. Let me get to a system and check.

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 5:30 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee

Ok, found it. What you need to do is to change the view in the type column and then save that view as a layout. Then the view should stick for all tabs.

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 6:08 PM In reply to

• Mercedes
    • Not Ranked
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Posts 57
    • Points 615

Yahoo - sorted!  Yes that works - not quite the same as the old feature but in some ways better.  I wonder will it hold with the user settings?  We'll see.

Now the help just needs to be updated!

We're in the testing phase before the upgrade so our test system is Interplay 1.5, ISIS 2 and MC 3.1.1 but we don't go llive with it for a fortnight so I won't update my system details until it's happended - superstitious that way!

Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Mercedes

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller