Latest post Mon, Jan 5 2009 6:50 PM by Larry Rubin. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 5 2009 6:36 PM

• abernardi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 26
    • Points 350

Dumb Time Code question

I just wanted to check this out with somebody:  We have a a drop frame down conversion of a show from a 24p HD master.  Now, I know we need it to be Non-drop frame to conform the HD after I make my cuts, but we don't want to go to the expense of another downcoversion.  I only have one Beta deck at my disposal right now, so...  Can't I digitize the drop frame downconversion into the Avid, then output at NON-drop frame with the first frame at hour one and then re-digitize the new non-drop frame tape into the avid?  That should work, shouldn't it?  THANKS!!!!

Avid MC 5.0.4, Adrenalin, Mac OS 10.6.8, MacPro 1.1, 2 x 3 GHz Dual-Core, EuControl 2.7.1 (latest version for Snowleopard), Unity [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 5 2009 6:45 PM In reply to

Re: Dumb Time Code question

I would think you could just change the Clip info to specify it as Non-Drop. 

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Mon, Jan 5 2009 6:50 PM In reply to

Re: Dumb Time Code question

If you want the output to be non-drop frame, just get info on the sequence in progress (CTRL + I on the record window), and you can change the TC base there from semi-colons to colons.

If you haven't started a sequence, the general settings in your user settings will let you set both the default start time and time code base of any new sequences you create.

You can have a mix of drop and non-drop on the source side without problems.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller