Latest post Sun, Oct 5 2014 11:19 AM by Tiger_XP. 169 replies.
Page 2 of 12 (170 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 9 2009 5:42 PM In reply to

Re: 50+ Tutorials on Basic MC tips

camoscato:

I think it'll be ok if people keep thanking him as they have been.

good luck,
    Carl

You should understand what I am saying. Where exactly did I say that people shouldn't thank him.

Me first of all. But after some pages (because the thanks will be much) the tutorials will go really down the line.

That's all I say.

Desktop
    Corsair RM750X/Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)/i7 2600K@4.4/Corsair 32G DDR3/PNY Quadro P2000D(385.08)/Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB/ 2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0/LG BH16NS40/W10 Pro 64bit/Media Composer Software 8.9.3 with Symphony • PhraseFind • ScriptSync Option/2xHP 22'' Monitors/M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital MediaVienna Frames

• Fri, Jan 9 2009 6:14 PM In reply to

• cuervo
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, May 2 2008
    • Santa Fe, NM
    • Posts 1,171
    • Points 15,560

sverkalo:

While we all thank Douglas for his work we shouldn't post to this thread and all of the other posts must be deleted because after a while it won't be easy to find his tutorials.

He must be the only one who will update his turotials.

Thanks Douglas.

The sublime nature of the tutorials transcends all the subsequent accolades. I don't see a problem.

SYS1:ASUS Z97, Haswell 4.0GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, Quadro 4200 + GTX1070, Thunderbolt II -DNxIO-FSI CM171 ///SYS2:ASUS Maximus Extreme V, Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz... [view my complete system specs]

M-Power Independent Video and Film Services, Sony PMW-F5--Sony FS700U--Canon 7d--Odyssey 7Q

• Fri, Jan 9 2009 6:16 PM In reply to

OK.

Thanks again Douglas.

Desktop
    Corsair RM750X/Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)/i7 2600K@4.4/Corsair 32G DDR3/PNY Quadro P2000D(385.08)/Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB/ 2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0/LG BH16NS40/W10 Pro 64bit/Media Composer Software 8.9.3 with Symphony • PhraseFind • ScriptSync Option/2xHP 22'' Monitors/M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

• Fri, Jan 9 2009 6:16 PM In reply to

Hi,

sverkalo:
    But after some pages (because the thanks will be much) the tutorials will go really down the line.

How are they going to go down the line?  The thread is sticky at the top of the forum.  It will not move.

Also, Douglas is putting each new tutorial on the first post of the thread, so all anyone has to do is click on the link, and they will see every tutorial he has created all at once on the first page.

So, in short, it doesn't matter how many replies there are thanking Douglas, the list of tutorials will always be the first post, and the thread will always be at the top of the list.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 8.9.3 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jan 9 2009 6:23 PM In reply to

You are the moderator you know better.

Desktop

• Fri, Jan 9 2009 9:32 PM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,836
    • Points 85,770

Well, well, well.... interesting to see what goes on while I am asleep in Japan Big Smile

First of all, thank you for your concern about my thread, Sverkalo.
    Thanks also to everyone who helped explain that the problem was not such a great one.

As the creator of the thread, I'd like to explain the situation for Sverkalo.

I started another thread about MC a few months ago.
    A list of Tutorials (similar to the one at the first post on this thread) was included in that thread - BUT it did not appear until about the 12th post. That whole thread has long since sunk into oblivion.

From the amount of feedback I have been getting via the forum and emails it seemed that my tutorials are reaching a wide and appreciative audience, so I decided to start this thread.
    This time (having learned from my mistake previously) I made sure that the Tutorial listing was the first post.
    Then Graham (Sasfog) wrote a post suggesting that my thread should be a "sticky".
    I suggested this to Marianna who has now kindly made it a sticky for 1 month!

After the month is up the post will begin to sink!

To prevent that I can always bump it up now and again, or maybe if enough people ask for it, Marianna can extend the "stickiness".

As to adding comments to this thread........... Please do so! I don't mean just thanks, but also tips and comments on the tutorials.
    Although it would probably be better to add suggestions and tips on the actual ""Tips & Tutorials" pages, when you go there to watch the Tutorial.
    This is one of the reasons I am doing them in the first place - to stimulate your grey cells and get your feedback!
    The other reason is that I enjoy doing them Big Smile

By the way did you notice that Marianna has now updated the title from "50+" to "60+" ?

Regards,
    Douglas

PS. I am planning on re-ordering the tutorials at a later date so that it is easier to find specific ones. E.g. All tutorials about the timeline will be grouped/ AvidFX will have its own group etc. etc.

System 1:Edius Workgroup 8, AMC 6.5.4.5, - Windows [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 10 2009 8:38 PM In reply to

• sasfog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bristol United Kingdom
    • Posts 312
    • Points 3,895

I was pleased to see that this thread was made 'sticky' - shame it is only for one month. That said I have added the thread to my favourites so so long as its URL stays the same I can call it up no matter how far down the pages it dissapears. I would recommend anyone else interested in its contents does the same.

Keep up the excellent work Douglas, maybe we should start another thread campaining for Avid to give you a Nitris DX for your efforts.

Graham

HP Z400 6 Core Intel Xeon W3680 3.33GHz 6GB memory NVIDIA Quadro 2000 1GB PCIe graphics card MC6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 10 2009 9:02 PM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,836
    • Points 85,770

sasfog:
    I was pleased to see that this thread was made 'sticky' - shame it is only for one month. That said I have added the thread to my favourites so so long as its URL stays the same I can call it up no matter how far down the pages it dissapears. I would recommend anyone else interested in its contents does the same.

Good tip, Graham. I am pretty sure that the url remains unchanged.

sasfog:
    Keep up the excellent work Douglas, maybe we should start another thread campaining for Avid to give you a Nitris DX for your efforts.
    Graham

Geeked What do you mean by "maybe"? Big Smile

Regards,
    Douglas

System 1:Edius Workgroup 8, AMC 6.5.4.5, - Windows [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 10 2009 9:06 PM In reply to

• sasfog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bristol United Kingdom
    • Posts 312
    • Points 3,895

I thought 'maybe' I could have one too for suggesting it Smile

HP Z400 6 Core Intel Xeon W3680 3.33GHz 6GB memory NVIDIA Quadro 2000 1GB PCIe graphics card MC6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 10 2009 9:09 PM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,836
    • Points 85,770

After I get mine, I'll put in a good word for you! Yes

Douglas

• Mon, Jan 12 2009 2:33 PM In reply to

• Timeout
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 28 2008
    • Australia
    • Posts 26
    • Points 455

Douglas, let me first explain that all this edditing stuff is all new to me, I even have an L plate above my computer. Your tutorials help so much with this huge learning curve that it would take volumes to explain how grateful I am that you have taken your time to make them available. I for one am far too old ever to enter a class room. This age makes me a dificult student also with regard to computer speak and technolagy. Your visual tutorials help so much and the clear speach and explaination help this old dog learn new tricks. Many Many thanks too you.

Timeout.Big Smile

Mobo intel DP45SG Express - Processor intel core 2 E8400 3G - Graph card nVidia Quadro 570 - HD 500 x 2 - Mem 4 G DDR3 - Screens 2 x 24inch HD Samsung... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 16 2009 2:36 PM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,836
    • Points 85,770

New Tutorial posted today, Friday 16th, January.

Regards,
    Douglas

• Sun, Jan 18 2009 7:26 AM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,836
    • Points 85,770

Two more Tutorials posted today (Sunday 18th, January)

Regards,

Douglas

• Wed, Jan 21 2009 8:04 AM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,836
    • Points 85,770

Yet another two Tutorials posted today (Wednesday 21st, January)

Regards,

Douglas

• Thu, Jan 22 2009 2:18 AM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,836
    • Points 85,770

Today I have added another Tutorial, bringing the total to 70 - so far Geeked

To be honest, I find myself going back to my own Tutorials more and more..... to remember how I did some of the things!

Regards,
    Douglas

Page 2 of 12 (170 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller