Latest post Fri, Jan 6 2006 10:09 PM by sep. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 6 2006 12:09 AM

• Karina
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Riverside, CA
    • Posts 7
    • Points 115

Avid Xpress Help - going loca here

Okay, so I work for the cable company making cable spots and there are a lot of old projects and old media on the computer that I work on.  I deleted precompute's, consolidate clips, and all that jazz on my projects.  Everything is fine. Then my boss and I go into our J: drive and we deleted all the OMFI files that were created/modified in 2003.  Sound okay?

Well, I didn't see anything wrong with that, as long as it was in 2003.  So then we go back into AVID and open up a project that was done only a few months ago and all the media is OFFLINE.  I looked at a couple of other projects and they are all offline as well.

Can anybody tell me what went wrong or what could have possibly went wrong? 

And on a side note:  I've only been working here a few months and when I got here there were a lot of projects with an asterick (*) by them when you open up AVID.  I tried to open them and it said "no project selected"  What's up with that?

Thanks!

-Karina aka your_caligirl

Avid Xpress (Meridian) on Compaq Workstation W8000 Intel(R) XEO N (TM) CPU 2020GHz, AT/AT Compatible, 1,047,984 KB RAM. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 6 2006 1:44 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Xpress Help - going loca here

Hi Karina,

The first thing I'd do is delete the two media database files on each of your media drives.  Exit Avid.  Then search each media drive for these two files:

• MSMmmob
    • MSMfmid

Delete them (don't worry; Avid will rebuild them when you restart).  If that doesn't help, come back and we'll try other stuff.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 8.9.1 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jan 6 2006 1:51 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

.....and everything should be OK......

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Fri, Jan 6 2006 2:12 PM In reply to

• Morgoth
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 27 2005
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 43
    • Points 460

the project name with asteriks could be a folder, if you double click on it it may reveal an actual project file inside.
    Symphony HP xw8000 &... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 6 2006 7:45 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Morgoth wrote:
    the project name with asteriks could be a folder, if you double click on it it may reveal an actual project file inside.

Sorry, what kind of folder do you maen ?

Inside OMF1Mediafiles folder there is usually only 1 (sub)folder called Creation, sometimes the quarantine folder keeps compagny to the creation folder, nver seen any other folder !!

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

• Fri, Jan 6 2006 8:13 PM In reply to

• Morgoth
    • Not Ranked
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 43
    • Points 460

Inside the "Avid Projects" folder, if there are any Folders that contain Subfolders etc. they will appear in the "select project" window with a * infront of them until you navigate to the actual specific project folder. Some editors here will have their Avid Projects folder organized by Client folders with the different project folders for each client inside those.
  • Fri, Jan 6 2006 9:04 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

We speak about media files, which are located in OMF1Mediafiles folder(s), (for OMF media for sure) When a "+" is in front of a media file's name it is corrupted..

sep

• Fri, Jan 6 2006 9:20 PM In reply to

• Morgoth
    • Not Ranked
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 43
    • Points 460

caligirl wrote;

"And on a side note: I've only been working here a few months and when I got here there were a lot of projects with an asterick (*) by them when you open up AVID. I tried to open them and it said "no project selected" What's up with that?"

that tells me she is also trying to open various projects and getting the "no project selected" message, this DOES occur when you have sub folders in your "AVID PROJECTS" folder, the OMFI folder issue is a seperate thing for her i'm quite sure.

and if we're into correcting people...its OMFI not OMF 1 as in "I" now understand why we had to bail France out of WWII

Maginot Line

n : a fortification built before World War II to protect France's eastern border; initially considered to be impregnable it was easily overrun by the Germans in 1940 and used as an ammunitions storage post.[syn: Maginot Line]
  • Fri, Jan 6 2006 10:09 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Welcome to our forum, Morgoth , it's a long time ago we need a humorist !Big Smile [:D]

sep

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller