Latest post Wed, Nov 26 2008 8:06 PM by AndrewAction. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 26 2008 7:51 PM

• Blackburst1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Orlando, Florida
    • Posts 42
    • Points 520

Back it all up onto an external

I know that I should know this... but I never feel confident about the proper way to backup a project once its done.  I'm finished editing, final product is delivered, and I want to backup the entire project from my RAID to an external USB drive.  Media, Project Files, Title Media, everything.  In the past, I've consolidated the MASTER sequence, but that leaves out files I didn't use in the final that may be useful in a re-edit.  I've used the Consolidate command from the media tool with all media, pre-comps, and mast clips selected, but that has occasionally led to MEDIA OFFLINE on a random clip or 2 when going back to the backup later.  I've also used a 3rd party Media Tool, with success, but I dont feel confident when using it, that I'm doing the right thing.

So what is the recommended way to move an ENTIRE project from my system onto an external???  I'd appreciate some advice.

Thanks,
    Walter

- Avid Media Composer - Dell 7910 Workstation - Dual Xeon E5-2630 v3 8-core 2.4Ghz - 32GB ram - AMD FirePro W7100 - Blackmagic Design DeckLink... [view my complete system specs]

Walter Lowe
    Blackburst Entertainment
    wlowe@blackburst.net
    http://blackburstentertainment.com

• Wed, Nov 26 2008 8:06 PM In reply to

Re: Back it all up onto an external

Use Media Mover or MDV to identify all media associated with the project. Copy or move them to a folder on an external drive  (Client Name/Avid MediaFiles folder/MXF/1).

I make a Client name folder and have these folders in it:

Avid MediaFiles folder/MXF/1, OMFI MediaFiles, Client name Graphics, Client name Music, Client name movies and the Avid Project folder.  If I feel really paranoid I also have that projects folder from the Avid Attic in it as well

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller