Latest post Wed, Feb 25 2009 9:23 AM by tribletrib. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 12 2008 1:01 AM

Avid 3.0.5 audio bug

Pardon me if this was mentioned, but I searched (not much, trying to work) and I didn't see it, so...

When I cut a clip from the preview monitor into the sequence, then I adjust the audio using the AUdio Tool, about 60% of the time the adjustments I make don't stick.  It is still loud, or quiet.  I could boost it all the way, or take it to nothing, and it sounds just like it did in the preview monitor.  However, if I jiggle the audio in the preview monitor...just a tad, THEN my changes take effect in the timeline.  This is VERY annoying.

Avid MC 3.0.5 running on a DX Nitris.  MacOS 10.5.5 and QT 7.4.5

• Wed, Nov 12 2008 2:03 AM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,723
    • Points 226,270
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Avid 3.0.5 audio bug

Hi Shane,

Go to your settings folder and trash the MCState, and site settings there. See if that helps. If not, does this same thing happen in a new project with a new user?

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Wed, Nov 12 2008 2:11 AM In reply to

It is happening on three machines here.  All the new Avid 3.0.5 Nitris machines and three different user settings.  But, I'll see about trashing the MC State...I'll get the assistants on that.

Thanks,

Shane

• Wed, Nov 12 2008 2:19 AM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,723
    • Points 226,270
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Are you saying it is happening to YOU on several systems or other editors too?

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Wed, Nov 12 2008 2:31 AM In reply to

Happening to me and one other editor.  The third editor says that no, in fact it works fine for her.  

I trashed the MC State and that seemed to clear it up for now.  But I am off, so I'll know more tomorrow, when I return to work.

Thanks,

Shane

• Wed, Nov 12 2008 7:00 PM In reply to

Nope...didn't work.  Since this is intermitten, it SEEMED to work.  But went back to the same old issue.  Odd that it is happening to two of us, but not the third.  And these are new systems.

I'll have to play with my home system and see if it is doing it there too.

-shane

• Thu, Nov 13 2008 7:43 PM In reply to

• nuclearpicnic
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 197
    • Points 2,560

having the same issue here.  I have another workaround... SOLO your track, then unsolo it and that seems to let the audio level adjustment stick.

it is annoying.

Mac Pro 2009 Quad Core, Media Composer 8.7 AJA IoExpress, Avid Artist Mix, Sonnet PCI Express 2-Port eSATA, 32Gb Ram, HP displays, keyspan. Drobo S for... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 13 2008 8:24 PM In reply to

Just a question: did you try fresh user settings? Did you create 3.x specific user settings, or did you bring them over from 2.x? The latter is not recommended.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 13 2008 8:29 PM In reply to

• nuclearpicnic
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 197
    • Points 2,560

mine are brand new settings as are the other editors on the same systems... we all have the same problem.

Mac Pro 2009 Quad Core, Media Composer 8.7 AJA IoExpress, Avid Artist Mix, Sonnet PCI Express 2-Port eSATA, 32Gb Ram, HP displays, keyspan. Drobo S for... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 13 2008 9:36 PM In reply to

I made new settings.  New version of the Avid, so I started fresh.

I just made ANOTHER set of fresh settings.  And so far so good.  But it usually starts messing up after a half day of working, so we'll see what happens.

• Fri, Nov 21 2008 8:45 PM In reply to

OK...interesting thing.  This ONLY happens when I am working on a machine with a Nitris DX connected.  I can do this all day long at home on my laptop or G5...and I do not have this issue.

I also notice that I can add dissolves faster (reaction time of machine is quicker) and scrub faster on the machines without the DX.

What's going on here?  DX issue with the audio, that's for sure.

• Fri, Nov 21 2008 8:56 PM In reply to

• nuclearpicnic
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 197
    • Points 2,560

Yup Nitris DX here too...  adding audio transitions are slow AND you get a great popping sound through the outputs when rendering video fx... new hardware is weirdly buggy....

• Sun, Dec 7 2008 9:20 AM In reply to

Hello, 

I've EXACTLY the same problem here, with MOJO DX, very annoying...

Please, Avid, fix this Bug !

• Tue, Dec 9 2008 11:19 AM In reply to

No mention of a fix for this problem in 3.1

Has anyone tested it yet ?

Thanks

• Sat, Dec 20 2008 10:54 PM In reply to

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller