Latest post Fri, Mar 9 2012 12:28 PM by MorganeParis. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 4 2008 11:00 PM

• KBod
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 3 2006
    • Chicago
    • Posts 18
    • Points 410

Archive a Project with Consolidate

Here's a look at how to archive your project. Realize that the amount of footage you have will determine just how long this process will take.

See what you think.

Thanks,

- Keith

Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Dec 11 2008 2:25 PM In reply to

• KaiserSoze
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 22 2008
    • Wayne, PA
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Re: Archive a Project with Consolidate

Thanks for the tute on this, I have just finished two huge projects and am suffering from some anxiety about deleting to make room for the next project. My question is this; once I've consolidated these projects, what can I safely delete?

Media Composer Adrenaline HD version 2.2.3 on Windows XP [view my complete system specs]

Don't believe everything you see on TV.

• Wed, Dec 31 2008 2:33 PM In reply to

• KBod
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 3 2006
    • Chicago
    • Posts 18
    • Points 410

Once you check to see that everything is there on the target drive, (turning your main system drives off and rebooting with the archive drive) you can get rid of it all. Make sure that you move the poject too! Just for the biggest comfort level, make a new project with a couple shots and run through the steps... you'll feel much better about it.

• Fri, Jul 9 2010 9:34 PM In reply to

• hands11
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 3
    • Points 15

archive-R

You can also archive and restore Avid projects using archive-R

archive-R™ is a powerful yet easy-to-use program designed to archive any digital assets into a single file that can be easily restored using the free archive-R restoration module. The archive-R restoration module allows you maximum flexibility in sharing and moving projects with user controls such as archive project only, archive projects and media, and drive mapping that allows you to restore your projects to the drive you select with the available space. archive-R also includes auditing tools (restoration summary and hash value reports) so you have confidence that the files you restored are the files you archived. In one simple archive process, archive-R allows you to archive to a hard drive, burn to removable media, and remove the original archived files from your system.

www.oceansystems.com/os/archive-R

• Fri, Mar 9 2012 12:28 PM In reply to

Thank you for making that so clear !
    Just a question though, I have been asked to make a Bluray backup... Should I just fallow the same steps and burn it on a Bluray ?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller