Latest post Thu, Oct 20 2005 2:22 AM by curly. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 18 2005 9:41 PM

• curly
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Source Timeline Access from Smaller "Third" Monitors

It would be great to be able to access/see the timeline of the smaller monitors (Clipboard and Alt-Double Click Sequences) when the timeline is set to Source. At the moment, seems these have to be loaded into the proper Source Monitor for viewing (Clipboard Contents, etc).
    Thank you for your consideration.
    Dual 2GHz Power Mac G5, 2GB RAM, OSX 10.4.2 LaCie FW 800 Drives Avid Xpress Pro 4.8.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 20 2005 2:10 AM In reply to

• feincut
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Central PA
    • Posts 932
    • Points 10,820

Re: Source Timeline Access from Smaller "Third" Monitors

I just tried this and it seems that it does indeed work:

I load a seq in a pop-up monitor...and when I tap it, it becomes the current timeline viewed. When I click back on the regular source window, IT becomes the active timeline. When I click on a clipboard pop-up, same success.

Make sure your timeline is zoomed/rolled into a viewable position for those small clips...sometimes they default to a "hidden" size that needs some zooming.
    Mac G5 Dual-2__10.4.9__3.5 GB RAM__ XpressPro 5.7__MOJO classic__ Internal SATA 400 GB drive__ PCI: slot 4 firewire400__slot 3 firewire800__ nVIDIA... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 20 2005 2:22 AM In reply to

• curly
    • Not Ranked
    • London, UK
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Embarrassed [:$] Re: Source Timeline Access from Smaller "Third" Monitors

ah! cheers. it seems i've been activating the smaller monitor and then putting the timeline in source mode. Seems you have to be in source mode and then tap on them. Thanks for the clarification.
    Dual 2GHz Power Mac G5, 2GB RAM, OSX 10.4.2 LaCie FW 800 Drives Avid Xpress Pro 4.8.1 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller