Latest post Wed, Dec 16 2009 12:44 PM by queeq. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 11 2008 6:58 PM

• Blackburst1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Orlando, Florida
    • Posts 42
    • Points 520

Capture to PC formatted external though MC Mac

Hello all,

Our editors need to be able to swap projects from our Avid MC Mac laptops to our Avid MC PC laptops.

I have a new Macbook Pro with Avid MC 2.8 on it.  Leopard OS.  It is working fine except that two of the other editors in the office are on Avid MC for PC.  All the external drives with our video are formatted NTFS PC. 

I used Paragon's NTFS for MAC (trial) and am able to write to the PC drives no problem. Even edit.  The once greyed out PC externals are now available for capture. 

The problem is I get an error trying to capture to the USB PC formatted NTFS external drives.  I can however digitize to my mac internal.  I think this is an avid capture issue at this point, since read/write is working fine between the Mac/PC drives.

Please help!!!

-Joe

- Avid Media Composer - Dell 7910 Workstation - Dual Xeon E5-2630 v3 8-core 2.4Ghz - 32GB ram - AMD FirePro W7100 - Blackmagic Design DeckLink... [view my complete system specs]

Walter Lowe
    Blackburst Entertainment
    wlowe@blackburst.net
    http://blackburstentertainment.com

• Thu, Jun 12 2008 2:21 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,557
    • Points 65,175

Re: Capture to PC formatted external though MC Mac

Does Your PowerBook successfully digitize to a Mac formatted external drive? The Paragon software is said not to be reliable for editing. Most of this moving stuff between Mac/PC is done via Mac formatted drives with MacDrive to read/write them on the PC side. Someone complain about this solution too, but I have had no problems working like this (running the latest MacDrive).

Symphony 2018.12.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Jun 12 2008 3:16 PM In reply to

I do the same thing with my dailies being provided on mac formatted disks. I did lots of testing with Paragon on the mac for NTFS & Macdrive with Mac formatted disks for pc and the most stable way was to go with Macdrive. Our pc assist stations media runs off mac formatted disks and it runs well 99% of the time. Of course we do get some crashes very occasionally, but updating to the latest version of macdrive seems to have fixed that.

Matt

MC3.5/Nitris DX/8 x 3.0GHz Harpertown/10GB Ram MC3.5/Mojo/Macbook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 16 2009 12:44 PM In reply to

• queeq
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 23 2008
    • Posts 27
    • Points 335

Hi,

I'm having the problem that I cannot seem to capture straight towards NTFS formatted discs.

I have a brand new MacPro, which I still run on Leopard. I have MC 3.05. I have the most recent version of Paragon. I have been editing with MC 3.0 on my MacBook Pro for well over a year, using NTFS discs of a client of mine. And that's worked perfectly, the same goes for this MacPro. Editing goes perfectly. The only bugger is that I cannot digitise the footage myself. It can save me quite some time from travelloing to and from my client for just capturing.

I have read all the suggestions and I am doing all that. It captures fine to my internal hard disk, no problems there at all. But I get file name errors when I try capturing it straight to any NTFS formatted disc. 

What am I doing wrong?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller