Latest post Tue, Jul 22 2008 9:38 AM by kankrish. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 13 2008 4:20 AM

Error After Error

Hi all...I am still dealing with the same problem and dont know what to do anymore.

I have several error messages when I open Avid Xpress Pro 5.6.49(Academic Version) and I would like to know how to get rid of them.

I still can edit on my system and I have been able to export 2 projects off of my system, but I don’t want my system to go suddenly if this problem continues to be ignored. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Windows XP as well as the software itself with no results.

As you can see, I have a bit of a problem. I can’t afford to purchase Avid support being that the rates are very steep. Are there any other options for me? Is there anywhere I can go or call where I can get support without the high prices? 

Here is a list of the errors I am getting and my system specs are also listed:

First error message is:
    "An access violation exception occurred. For more info see error log.
    C:/program file/Avid/Avid Express Pro/Avid Fatal error reports/Exception_"

Second error report is:
    "the Avid SDM (Storage Device Manager) could not load & Initialized. This could be due to a mismatch with the Avid SDM shared library & service & result in degraded performance while running the Avid application. Please make sure that the proper Avid SDM shared Library & service are installed on the system".

Third error message is:

Title exception:  guard page exception. A page of memory that marks the end of a data structure such as a stack or an array has been accessed. (0x80000001) occurred in the application @ location 0x80-10fe7ec.)

Fourth error message is:

Avid start up.exe-application error. The instruction @ “      referenced memory @ “    “ the memory could not be read.

Fifth error message is:

Exception: a serious error has occurred it is recommended that you restart application.

In addition, when I install Avid Xpress Pro I get this error message:

The Software you are installing has not passed Windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.

I guess I should go for one more question now that I have probably stressed out half the people on this forum. How does this upgrade work. I have Avid Xpress Pro 5.6.4 What do I have to do to upgrade and will that be another arm and a leg to do so. I know that Xpress Pro is supposed to merge with Composer so what are my options? Is the upgrade even necessary. I promise...last question...how bout updates?

Operating Software-Windows Xp Version Avid-Avid Xpress Pro Version Quicktime- 7.2 System Brand- Dell Model- XPS Ram 2.39 GHZ, 2.00 GB of... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 13 2008 5:07 AM In reply to

Re: Error After Error

tainoboriblanco:

In addition, when I install Avid Xpress Pro I get this error message:

The Software you are installing has not passed Windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.

If you watch during the install a dialogue appears right before that and says something like "if you see a message about this software not passing Windows logo testing.... Click OK"

Your other errors are probably more hardware related (ie bad RAM, hard drive failing or something of that nature)

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Tue, May 13 2008 6:56 AM In reply to

tainoboriblanco:

Second error report is:
    "the Avid SDM (Storage Device Manager) could not load & Initialized. This could be due to a mismatch with the Avid SDM shared library & service & result in degraded performance while running the Avid application. Please make sure that the proper Avid SDM shared Library & service are installed on the system".

Avid SDM is a Windows service. Right click on My Computer and choose Manage. Then click on Services (fourth from the bottom, on the left). You should see an entry for Avid SDM Service. Makes sure it's set to Automatic.

If your computer has bad memory, I highly doubt only Avid would be crashing. Do a Google search for Memetest86. It's an excellent memory testing program. It will allow you to test your memory. Dom't forget to go through all the video card and Windows settings that you should use with Avid. Another issue might be running an anti-virus program or some other sevices that Avid doesn't like.

MC 6.0.5, AvidFX 6.4, BCC 8.2, Squeeze 8.1, QT 7.7.3, Nvidia driver 310.90, Window 7 Professional 64-bit SP1, IE9. Quadro 2000 and 600 videocards (three... [view my complete system specs]

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Tue, May 13 2008 9:52 AM In reply to

Part of the problems are due to the wrong grap[hics card I think. Read the sstem requirements (you need NVidia, ATI is not working well with Avid. Also you are using the wrong version of Quicktime. you need version 7.1 for that version of Avid (have a look at the version matrix on the main page of the avid site)

Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.AvidUserGroup.NL fcp2avid

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

• Tue, May 13 2008 6:50 PM In reply to

Thank you for your prompt reply and help:

I did a google search for the memtest86 and this is what I found. Which one should I download?

Memtest86 3.4a Release (27/Dec/2007)

ISO images suitable for creating a bootable Memtest86 CD-ROM

Memtest86 3.3 Release (12/Jan/2007)

Version 3.4 is the preferred release. The 3.3 release is provided here as an alternative.

ISO images suitable for creating a bootable Memtest86 CD-ROM

Enhancements in v3.4

• A new error summary display with error confidence analysis.
    • Support for execution with multiple CPUs. CPUs are selected round-robin for each test.
    • Support for additional chipsets. (from Memtest86+ v1.70).
    • Additions and corrections for CPU detection.
    • Support for memory module information reporting.
    • Misc bug fixes.
    Operating Software-Windows Xp Version Avid-Avid Xpress Pro Version Quicktime- 7.2 System Brand- Dell Model- XPS Ram 2.39 GHZ, 2.00 GB of... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 17 2008 7:21 PM In reply to

since you are runninh avid on a pc I would go for the latest version of the installable windows version. AvidSDM is a service you don't need. Disable it. Also follow the instructions in the readme tegarding disabling simple filesharing etc. 

Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.AvidUserGroup.NL fcp2avid

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

• Tue, Jul 22 2008 8:58 AM In reply to

• kankrish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 21 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Hello,

Did you find an answer to your problem.

Over a week Iam facing a problem of sending the sequence to sonic ReelDVD .

A pop up message tell me : Access Violation Execption occured/Fatalerror ........

I just learnt editing on Avid and has completed four projects but this problem mhas stalled my work

Any one Please help

Many thanks

Kannan

• Tue, Jul 22 2008 9:00 AM In reply to

Access Violation Execption occured/Fatal error ........

Are you on Windows XP Home or Pro?

Symphony 8.0 w/Matrox MXO2 Rack, HP z420, Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 & nVidia... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ Discovery Studios West
    (wwld)

• Tue, Jul 22 2008 9:38 AM In reply to

• kankrish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 21 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Iam in XP pro

The system model is HP XW8200

Avid xpress pro version 4.3.1 with Mojo

The Details on the screen :

An access violation Exception occured. For More information see the error log:

c:/program files/Avid/avid xpress pro/Avid fatal error reports/execption -2008.07.22 13.32.22

( the last numbers could be the date and time)

I have been trying to export the timeline to sonci reelDVD or Sorenson squeeze

Please help.

regards

Kannan

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller