Latest post Fri, Aug 9 2013 12:38 AM by jb234. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 18 2008 4:14 AM

• j26e
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 19 2007
    • Posts 21
    • Points 275

Aux timecode changes??

Anyone know why when I change my subclips aux timecode in a bin.  It affects other clips as well in the same bin, changing their timecode.  Not allowing me to group correctly.

All of the imports [master clips] are assigned to the same source tape.  

Any help would be appreciated

• Fri, Apr 18 2008 6:54 AM In reply to

• Chris Wright
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 18 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 7
    • Points 105

Re: Aux timecode changes??

This is because they are subcliped from a master clip and Avid think that the TC is continuous so it updates the Aux TC on the subclips that come after the one you just modified in the same master clip.

But don't worry - there is a workaround....

In bin text view, in addition to bringing up the AUXTC column bring up the start colum. Simply sort by Start BEFORE you start entering in the AUX TC and enter the aux from the top to the bottom of the bin

This way... it may modify the Aux TC of the clip below it but you're just going to modify it anyways and it won't corrupt any of the previous aux tcs that you entered...

• Fri, Apr 15 2011 10:06 AM In reply to

• EgGMan69
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 15 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

I'm having a similar issue but the  difference is the subclips are changing AUX TC on different master clips. Anyone know of a work around. I tried the suggestion from Chris Wright but since the subclips are not from the same master clip, it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance.

• Wed, Nov 7 2012 9:13 PM In reply to

• TiM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 6 2011
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 3
    • Points 15

This is happening because you have "overlapping" timecode on the same tape.  You will need to use the modify/set source command to divide your clips into sub-reels based on the timecode sections on that tape.  For example, if REEL01 has 3 timecode sections that overlap you set source on the 1st group of clips to be REEL01a and the 2nd group of clips to be REEL01b and the 3rd group of clips to be REEL01c.  Once you do that, Avid will see these clips as being the separate master clips that they are.

Media Composer 7.0.3 - Nitris DX - ISIS 5500 64TB - OS X 10.8.5 - 2 x 2.66 GHz 6 Core Intel Xeon - 12 GB DDR3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 9 2013 12:38 AM In reply to

• jb234
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 63
    • Points 805

I'm having this problem, but it is changing every subclip to whatever TC I typed in last. 

I also have an issue where the AUX TC will suddenly skip frames in the middle of a clip.  And I don't just mean 2 frames I mean 2 minutes and 40 seconds worth of frames.   I've restarted thinking it was a fluke.  This is happening on clips that are from the same master that I added an add edit to, and then tried to make a subclip of each one.  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller