Latest post Tue, Oct 18 2005 3:17 AM by Adman. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 18 2005 3:17 AM

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,293
    • Points 59,670
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Idea [I] How to get help fast!

Locked Contact

First things first...before you do anything else, please update your system configuration in your user profile.

Ok...now here are a few more pointers to help you get the help you need:

In general, most people who visit here have a problem that they want to get solved. Avid only offers phone support for approved systems, and paid support simply isn't an option for many users. So, to be able to help you we need to know the specifics of your problem. Simply stating "my pc stops capturing" probably will not result in quick answers.

Here is a recipe (thanks Menno) for getting answers quickly:
    • Post a clear subject for your question ("I need help" is a bit vague).
    • Make sure you have updated your system specifications in your user profile. Please include your Avid version Avid, Windows or OSX version, used deck or transcoder models, etc.
    • Always "bump" a thread instead of creating a new one. By bumping (aka replying to your own post with "bump" ) your question will appear on top of the forum list for some time, thus drawing attention.
    • Only post a question after you have tried to find the answer yourself.  Use the search function to see if the question has been answered before and continue searching while you wait for someone in the forum to take up your question. Who knows, you might find the answer yourself. 
    • If you get your problem solved yourself, make sure you report your findings in the original thread so others may benefit as well.
    • Always be courteous to others and abide by the forum rules.
    ***So far the forum is a voluntary place, people come here to help and get helped. Return the favor and make an effort to help others. Helping others is a great way to learn more. Avid does look at the forum every single day but they do not get involved very often.***
    Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2018.3.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller