Latest post Thu, Oct 25 2007 8:15 PM by jweis. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 25 2007 7:21 PM

• Stephen Hull
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Tulsa, OK
    • Posts 35
    • Points 420

Moving media (not metadata) within Interplay

Is it possible to move media files from one ISIS workspace to another?  We have a workspace called "Incoming" for transfers and such.  I would like to move some media from Incoming to the project's workspace.

Using the "Move To" in Interplay created a new pointer to the original media and did not move the media.

If this is not possible in Interplay, what are some suggested methods for moving files from one workspace to another?  How will this affect Interplay?

Interplay 1.1.0.5645

Unity, ISIS, Interplay, Media Composers [view my complete system specs]
    Stephen H Media Manager WinnerComm Tulsa, OK
  • Thu, Oct 25 2007 8:15 PM In reply to

• jweis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 17 2006
    • Posts 23
    • Points 205
    • Avid Employee

Re: Moving media (not metadata) within Interplay

The official method to move media between workspaces is consolidate within the editor. This creates new media on the specified target workspace. After consolidating one still needs to delete the old media.

In general, as long as all the workspaces are indexed by Media Indexer and are accessible by clients, Interplay really does not care on which workspace the media actually resides. But we do like to avoid the manual movement of mxf files on shared storage. This can lead to intermittent media offline and other issues (what if the media being moved is currently in use by a client). Additionally, file locators visible in Access can become outdated unless manually updated.

My suggestion is to find a workspace configuration that avoids the need to move media manually between workspaces (expect for an occasional consolidate).

Thanks

Johannes Weis

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller