Latest post Fri, Jun 22 2007 12:33 PM by camoscato. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 21 2007 4:20 PM

• JoeProcopio
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York City
    • Posts 455
    • Points 5,590

can we change default media creation???

is there a way to set the default media creation to use .mxf all the time, regardless of HD or SD projects...and across the board for new projects, different users...etc?  SN handles .mxf so much nicer than omf...as our SNs are standalones, and don't share media with our Symphony Meridiens, so .omf media won't be shared at all...
    MC v8.x on 5,1 and 6,1 Mac Pros, ISIS 5000 with 192TB of storage. [view my complete system specs]

Joe Procopio Broadway Video AVID|DS Artist AVID Tech

• Thu, Jun 21 2007 4:27 PM In reply to

Re: can we change default media creation???

Set up the Media Creation setting how you want it.

Save it to the Site Settings.

now all NEW Projects will have those attributes.  existing projects will have to be manually updated, or you can delete the "project" Project.avs file for that project and re-launch.  it will look to the site settings and build from there.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Thu, Jun 21 2007 4:41 PM In reply to

• JoeProcopio
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • New York City
    • Posts 455
    • Points 5,590

oh yeah, site settings!  i totally forgot about them, thanks!
    MC v8.x on 5,1 and 6,1 Mac Pros, ISIS 5000 with 192TB of storage. [view my complete system specs]

Joe Procopio Broadway Video AVID|DS Artist AVID Tech

• Thu, Jun 21 2007 6:18 PM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,994
    • Points 37,745

Also, in the newest versions of MC and Symphony, MXF IS the default.
    Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Fri, Jun 22 2007 9:34 AM In reply to

• dori_bashan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • ISRAEL
    • Posts 647
    • Points 7,990

How can i save it into the Site Setting? What is the Site Setting Anyway?

.Thanks

90x Media Composer, 8x Symphony Nitris, 8x ISIS 5000, ,6x Pro Tools, 4x Assimilate SCRATCH Systems- Opus Post Production, ISRAEL. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 22 2007 12:33 PM In reply to

Hi,

I'm on a Newscutter Adrenaline today, so this is from memory, but you find site settings under the Special menu.  When you open them up, you'll get a Site Settings window that looks similar to a bin.

In your project window, select the Settings tab to show the list of your current project's settings.  You can click and drag a setting from the settings list in the project window to the site settings window, which will make that setting the default setting for every new project on that system.

For example, if you want all of your projects to default to 2:1 compression, you would set the Media Creation settings in your current project to 2:1, then drag the Media Creation settings from the project window to the Site Settings window.  Now every new project will default to 2:1 compression in the Media Creation settings.

Hopefully that made sense.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller