Latest post Mon, Sep 23 2013 1:13 PM by camoscato. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 23 2007 2:52 AM

• Mr Malcolm
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 17 2005
    • Arcata, CA
    • Posts 444
    • Points 4,980

A good protools forum?

So, I just got protools and um...yeesh!

Good forum anyone?

Avid Xpress Pro 5.8, AMD 5200, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia Gforce 7600, 600 GB striped HD, SIIG 800 3-port firewire. [view my complete system specs]

http://stroopfx.com/

• Mon, Apr 23 2007 3:52 AM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,304
    • Points 59,785
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: A good protools forum?

The Studio forum is the appropriate forum here for discussion of Pro Tools.

There is also a Digidesign forum (User Conference) as well:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=75&langid=100&itemid=5071

http://duc.digidesign.com/

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2018.3.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 23 2007 5:36 AM In reply to

IMO you are more likely to get a helpfull sympathetic ear for relatively basic "how to's" here than anywhere else.
    "So, I just got protools and um...yeesh!"
    Even though Protools can be made extremely complex it has very simple timeline management to get started with.
    I would, at the beginning spend an hour with a new practice session with very few audio files. Learn the basics of how to manipulate audio clips (place, slide, trim, add  fades and volume controls etc). This will give you a great foundation to build confidence from. (Not to mention enough skills to do an audio mix better than you could in Avid.)
    You can PM me if stumped. Good luck

• Mon, Apr 23 2007 9:27 AM In reply to

• CliveSmith
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 22 2006
    • South Africa
    • Posts 306
    • Points 3,620

I agree with comments about this forum, but most people here that I have seen comment from are not neccessarily sound engineers.  IMO, as to what forum to go to, depends on your question...  if it is related to ProTools in a Studio situation (in other words, workflow, or how to export from Xpress, etc) then this is definately the place.  If you question relates to some of the finer features of ProTools, or what plugin to use etc., I would go here.

Just remember that the DUC would not answer (or is unlikely to answer) any question at all that pertain to ProTools in relation to Studio.
  • Mon, Apr 23 2007 3:13 PM In reply to

• Mr Malcolm
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 17 2005
    • Arcata, CA
    • Posts 444
    • Points 4,980

OKay, well thank you all. Now that I know where to go.

Thank you very much Andrew Action, I might take you up on that offer in the near future.

Avid Xpress Pro 5.8, AMD 5200, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia Gforce 7600, 600 GB striped HD, SIIG 800 3-port firewire. [view my complete system specs]

http://stroopfx.com/

• Mon, Sep 23 2013 2:07 AM In reply to

• rtdavis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 23 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

So here is a question I need some serious help with!  I just got Pro Tools 11.  I have the waves Mecury Bundle and Addictive Drums along with a few Native Instrument plug ins already on my mac!  How do I get pro tools 11 to recognize them?

I NEED HELP!

Also I tried to download the Air plugin updates and the 10.3 Virtual instruments which came with my protools 11 download and they won't work help again!

Thanks

Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, Sep 23 2013 1:13 PM In reply to

Hi,

You should post on the Avid audio forum:

duc.avid.com

ciao,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller