Latest post Wed, Apr 22 2015 6:53 AM by camoscato. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 6 2007 7:04 PM

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,295
    • Points 59,700
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Studio 5.7 upgrade issues...

There were a couple of dongle/iLok issues with the Studio 5.7 upgrades.

Here is the official scoop and resolution to this...

1. Regarding the dongle issue. This is a back end issue on the web server which was sending the wrong dongle updater instead of v5.7. Don't worry... there were about 20 or so customers who were affected by this and they will be taken care of individually by Marianna directly. Trust me, you are all in good hands... this will be resolved shortly.

2. Regarding the DV Toolkit iLok license issue. Some of the Studio Complete packages were missing the DV Toolkit. It is still supported.  Those who are directly affected by this will be instructed on how to get the DV Toolkit 2 immediately. Marianna is also on this, so you will be taken care of in short order....

Carry on.
    Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2018.3.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 6 2007 8:34 PM In reply to

• lmerino
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 19 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 326
    • Points 4,405

Just got off the phone with Support and I was able to download a new file and update my dongle to the correct 5.7 license.  It works and I am happy ;)  Thanks guys

Avid Certified HP Z820 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 12 2007 3:00 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,295
    • Points 59,700
    • BlogAuthor

For those who did not receive DV Toolkit with their upgrade, you will receive a DV Toolkit packet in the mail. If you haven't received this, send an email request to warranty@Avid.com.

Your packet will include two DVD's and the credit card thingy that contains the DV Toolkit 2 license card which you will twist off and insert into your iLok dongle.

Install the programs (most of which are free trials of various plugins from Trillium Labs). Then go to the directory on the Studio disk (which you already have) containing the DV Toolkit install file. It is located at the following directory:

D:\Goodies_AvidProToolsLE\Paid Software Options\DV Toolkit 2

You need to go into this directory and run the DV Toolkit install.

You will probably be prompted to reboot. Do so.

Then, take the plastic insert from the plastic card, insert it into your iLok key dongle... then insert the dongle into your usb port.

Then boot up Pro Tools. You will get a dialog asking to register DV Toolkit 2. Then you'll need to select "from license card" at, I believe, the next dialog window. Then you will be prompted to try the plugins trials if you installed them. When you get to the TL Space Native plugin, click install/use license card/etc.

After you have done this, you'll have the plugins available in Pro Tools. You will find them in the AudioSuite menu option... i.e. Noise Reduction (BNR) and Other (Vocalign), etc.

After doing this, you should be in business.

You can now remove the license chip from the iLok dongle and put it away for safe keeping. I also suggest you go to www.iLok.com and register/syncronize your iLok.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2018.3.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 13 2007 5:34 AM In reply to

• JMattenley
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 27 2006
    • Ontario Canada
    • Posts 36
    • Points 500

Just received the following email.  Anyone else get this?  I wonder how long it will be???

I just can't believe this.

Dear Customer,

It has come to our attention that the Avid Xpress Studio Upgrade you received may be missing several components.  You may have also received an email from us stating that replacement materials have been shipped to you.  Unfortunately, this information was incorrect; no replacements have been shipped at this time.

Avid is currently working to receive all necessary components missing from your package.  Unfortunately, there is no current ETA for the reshipment; however, once all materials are received, they will be shipped to you as quickly as possible.

If you prefer, you may also return the package you received for a full refund.  To do so, please reply to this email to request an RMA.

We apologize for the initial shipping error, as well as the misinformation and delay regarding the reshipment.  Thank you for your patience and understanding while this matter is resolved.

Regards,
    Gregory

DigiStore Administration
    Toll Free: (866) 492-4880
    Fax: (650) 731-6395
    Also check out M-Pulse, M-Audio’s newsletter!

Joe Mattenley currently using Studio Complete 5.2.1 and waiting on upgrade.
    Xpress Pro HD Studio Complete, Digi002, Mojo, HP xw8200 4GB ram, NVidia 1400 and Avid Media array 2.5 TB [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 13 2007 4:09 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,295
    • Points 59,700
    • BlogAuthor

This is the first I've heard of this email. But, if you were to peruse the several threads on this, you would find that several users HAVE indeed received their update and had their dongle issues addressed and fixed... Unfortunately, NAB has started and the folks at Avid will be involved in the event and thus, out of pocket over the next week or so.

Btw... the missing components are only the DV Toolkit 2 license and a reverb plugin. Everything else should in the upgrade you did receive. So, there is no reason for you not to upgrade to Studio version 5.7, assuming that you are not one of the ones who had the dongle issue which is covered in detail in other threads here in the Studio forum.

Nevertheless, I have forwarded your info to the appropriate people. Please let us know when you do receive your upgrade.

• Fri, Apr 13 2007 4:32 PM In reply to

• JMattenley
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 27 2006
    • Ontario Canada
    • Posts 36
    • Points 500

Thanks Robert and I will email you when I receive the upgrade.  Thankyou for forwarding my info to the appropriate people at AVID. Just to get you up to speed - Avid sent me an upgrade DVD that would have taken me from version 4.X to 5.2.1  The version 5.2.1 is the version that I already have.  However I ordered the upgrade to go from 5.2.1 to 5.7

Joe Mattenley Premiere Video Productions

Xpress Pro HD Studio Complete, Digi002, Mojo, HP xw8200 4GB ram, NVidia 1400 and Avid Media array 2.5 TB [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 13 2007 5:26 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,295
    • Points 59,700
    • BlogAuthor

JMattenley:

Thanks Robert and I will email you when I receive the upgrade.  Thankyou for forwarding my info to the appropriate people at AVID. Just to get you up to speed - Avid sent me an upgrade DVD that would have taken me from version 4.X to 5.2.1  The version 5.2.1 is the version that I already have.  However I ordered the upgrade to go from 5.2.1 to 5.7

There are two issues with the Studio upgrade. 1. the dongle issue. 2. the DV Toolkit issue (based on the email you provided, it would appear that you had issue number 2). Apparently yours is issue number 1., i.e. the dongle issue. Marianna can fix this, but she is "out of pocket" during NAB. Had you gotten to me a day earlier, I could have had this problem fixed. Nevertheless, I have notified her.

• Fri, Apr 13 2007 6:44 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,295
    • Points 59,700
    • BlogAuthor

JMattenley:

I'm told that your package is on its way via Fed Ex. Like I said, you guys are in good hands here. ;)
  • Sat, Apr 14 2007 5:18 AM In reply to

• Edit One
    • Not Ranked
    • Bangkok, Thailand
    • Posts 86
    • Points 1,145

OK. As the Avid crew turn their attention to NAB let's take a moment to look at what has occured with this release (and yes we also got the email above from Gregory).

1 - Jan '06 Studio Complete upgrade estimated by Avid for release Q2/06

2 - March '07 Upgrade finally released (a year later)

3 - Customers ordering v5.7 are sent v5.2 in error

4 - A week later they are sent the replacement - an incomplete v5.7 missing DV Toolkit v2 etc. and with defective dongle upgrade path in error.

5 - 3 days later Dongle issue fixed.

6 - 2 weeks later and the DV Toolkit v2 licence issue still unresolved. Some people are assured the kit is on the way to them by FedEx, some people actually receive it some do not.

7 - Another week passes (getting closer to NAB) and Digistore Admin issue an email offering a refund and no definitive date for supply of the complete ordered and paid for upgrade.

8 - Now here we are, 5 weeks after the launch of the upgrade and we are being told that the packages ARE actually being shipped (albeit in our case FedEx say otherwise) and to ignore the Digistore Admin email.

And against all this we are now expected to hold our breath whilst the Avid team drop everything to sell some more gear at NAB. Wouldn't it be a little more customer focussed to dedicate some of the sales effort to sorting this out? How hard can this be?

I cannot understand how all of the above can be allowed to occur at a company with the reputation that Avid enjoys...a reputation significantly eroded by blunders like this. As any halfway decent corporate manager will tell you, diversifying into a mass market (from a narrow, indutry focussed one as Avid had been to date) with products like XpressPro and Liquid carries with is risks and responsibilities.

Perhaps someone visiting NAB could get the facts straight from the horse's mouth and let us all know when we can expect this to be resolved...definitively.

HP XW8400 2 x Xeon Dual Core 3.06Ghz Processors, 4Gb ECC RAM, Quadro 3500 GFX Card, Primary SATA 250Gb Dual Boot Vista Business D:HP Recovery Ext... [view my complete system specs]

• Sat, Apr 14 2007 9:47 AM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,295
    • Points 59,700
    • BlogAuthor

No one said to ignore the digistore email. These issues have been addressed very comprehensively and at a personal level by none other than Marianna who has gone out of her way to address them.

If your specific case has not been dealt with sufficiciently, post your specific issue here and I will do what I can to help you as I have helped others here on the forum.

• Sat, Apr 14 2007 10:57 AM In reply to

• Edit One
    • Not Ranked
    • Bangkok, Thailand
    • Posts 86
    • Points 1,145

Specific Issue:

We bought the upgrade from v5.2 to v5.7 on 25th March. The wrong version was sent, that was replaced a week later with an incomplete version (no DV Toolkit v2 etc). Numerous 2am calls half way round the planet to Avid and even more emails to Digistore, Warranty, Marianna and Tony eventually produced a Fedex tracking number (last Thursday) but to date no shipment made and on Friday we receive the email from Digistore Admin offering us the choice of a refund or choose to wait for an unspecified length of time.

Niether of these options are a solution. It is now 3 weeks since the order was placed and we are still unable to upgrade (we need the DV Toolkit functionality).

Then it appears that a chosen few are receiving the corrected shipments in contradiction to the Digistore Admin email. 

My issue is with the length of time it is taking for this to be concluded (as opposed to merely 'addressed' - which actually means nothing in providing any level of assurance or timespan in which this will get fixed).

HP XW8400 2 x Xeon Dual Core 3.06Ghz Processors, 4Gb ECC RAM, Quadro 3500 GFX Card, Primary SATA 250Gb Dual Boot Vista Business D:HP Recovery Ext... [view my complete system specs]

• Sat, Apr 14 2007 1:17 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,295
    • Points 59,700
    • BlogAuthor

Edit One:

Specific Issue:

We bought the upgrade from v5.2 to v5.7 on 25th March. The wrong version was sent, that was replaced a week later with an incomplete version (no DV Toolkit v2 etc). Numerous 2am calls half way round the planet to Avid and even more emails to Digistore, Warranty, Marianna and Tony eventually produced a Fedex tracking number (last Thursday) but to date no shipment made and on Friday we receive the email from Digistore Admin offering us the choice of a refund or choose to wait for an unspecified length of time.

Niether of these options are a solution. It is now 3 weeks since the order was placed and we are still unable to upgrade (we need the DV Toolkit functionality).

Then it appears that a chosen few are receiving the corrected shipments in contradiction to the Digistore Admin email. 

My issue is with the length of time it is taking for this to be concluded (as opposed to merely 'addressed' - which actually means nothing in providing any level of assurance or timespan in which this will get fixed).

So when you go to Fed Ex tracking and enter the tracking number, there is no indication that the package has shipped? (By last Thursday, I assume you mean April 14th).
  • Sat, Apr 14 2007 2:10 PM In reply to

• Edit One
    • Not Ranked
    • Bangkok, Thailand
    • Posts 86
    • Points 1,145

Robert,

Tracking number is valid but shows no collection from Avid. If I can work out how to I will send a PM with the actual number.

Yes, it was 14th (though the FedEx track number was raised on 11th)

Thx.

Hugh

• Sat, Apr 14 2007 2:14 PM In reply to

• Edit One
    • Not Ranked
    • Bangkok, Thailand
    • Posts 86
    • Points 1,145

Sorry, last Thursday was the 12th not the 14th (that's today). Shipment raised on 11th and I was advised tracking number on 12th.

• Mon, Apr 23 2007 6:26 PM In reply to

• Brian
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 56
    • Points 760

I too have been hit by this problem.  First I got the wrong license key, then I recieved an e-mail stating there were missing components (although it didn't specify what they were).  Then I recieved an second email saying that avid still hasn't got all the compononets but they would be shipped ASAP.  That said, what I did reiceve, once I got the correct license, works really well.  (I am still waiting for the missing components though.)

However, due to this extended inconvience, I am compelled to coin a new term...   how does "Studio Incomplete" sound?
    Mac Pro, 12-core Westmere, 2.66 GHz, 16GB, 4.5TB RAID, OSX Lion 7.2, Media Composer 5.5.3, 27" LED Cinema Display, Matrox Mini 02, 20" JVC Broadcast... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller