Latest post Sat, Oct 15 2005 10:06 AM by Baklap. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 13 2005 10:33 PM

• AK-Jake
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Anchorage, AK
    • Posts 2,576
    • Points 32,130

Welcome!

Hi folks, and welcome to the Xpress Studio Family "How-to, Operational, Editing Tricks" Forum here at Avid.com!  I'm AK-Jake, one of the moderators of this forum.  Feel free to call me "Jake," though "Sir" is also acceptable.  Big Smile [:D]  In case you're wondering, the "significance" of my user-name is due to the fact that my name is Jake and I'm from Alaska, of which the 2-letter state identifier is "AK."  So, combine AK + Jake and you get...AK+Jake?  Anyway, you get the picture!  Smile [:)]

I do video as a hobby, largely.  I have a day job as an Air Traffic Controller, working at a prominent airport in Ohio.  I have run a video business in the past and done very well with it.  I am now strongly considering starting it back up again.  I use Avid Xpress Studio HD Complete currently, and find it to be a great product, hampered by a few flaws and shortcomings.  I have absolute faith in Avid that these will be remedied in the next release or two!

I'm not the expert that some of you on this forum are.  I will answer questions to the best of my abilities and will always try and give the best advice possible.  I look forward to learning a great deal from you on this forum as well!  Let's keep it courteous, lighthearted, and informative and we'll all make great usage of this forum!

Again, welcome and remember that  you're among friends here!  Thanks Avid, for this wonderful new forum technology that you've given us!

Avid Symphony Nitris 3.x (DNA), HP xw8400, 3TB Avid Media-Array; Avid Xpress Studio HD Complete 5.1.3, HP xw8000, dual-3.06 ghz Xeon's; 2 GB of RAM;... [view my complete system specs]

When 900 years old YOU reach, look as good, YOU'LL not!!  Hmmm?

• Thu, Oct 13 2005 11:49 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,341
    • Points 60,295
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Stick out tongue [:P] Re: Welcome!

Purdy cool...lookin' forward to the new forum! Love the smileys!  Stick out tongue [:P]

Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Surprise [:O] Stick out tongue [:P] Wink [;)]Sad [:(]Tongue Tied [:S]Indifferent [:|]Crying [:'(]Embarrassed [:$]Cool [H]Angry [:@]Geeked [8-|]Huh? [:^)]Sleep [|-)]Yes [Y]Super Angry [8o|]Hmm [^o)]Ick! [+o(]Confused [*-)]No [N]Idea [I]

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2019.6.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 15 2005 3:16 AM In reply to

• video652
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Cincinnati, OH
    • Posts 525
    • Points 6,220

Cool [H] Re: Welcome!

You are the right man for the job! Welcome and looking forward to sharing info with you.

HP Zbook 17 G2. 16gigs of ram, Nvidia k4100m [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 15 2005 10:06 AM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Re: Welcome!

yeah.. bring it on Jake ... gogogogogogogogogo

Menno

35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller