Latest post Sat, Jan 11 2020 11:48 PM by camoscato. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 11 2020 11:48 PM

Match Frame Behavior: Video Tracks vs Audio Tracks

Hello all,

TL;DR -  I want Match Frame to work on audio clips like it does on video clips when MC has to decide what to do about empty tracks.

MC 2019.12. I have V1, V2, A1, A2, A3, and A4 tracks in my sequence, and my blue position indicator is parked on a frame where:

V2 - empty

V1 - video clip

A1 - empty

A2 - empty

A3 - audio clip

A4 - audio clip

If I press Match Frame with V2 active and all other tracks inactive, MC matches to the clip on V1 and loads it into the source monitor, even though V1 is inactive.

Having done a little testing, the rule seems to be if you invoke match frame while parked on an active empty video track, the system match frames the next active video track below which has a clip on it, ignoring any inactive tracks in between, regardless of whether or not those inactive tracks have clips on them.  In the same scenario - Match Frame on an active empty track - if there is no other active video track, the system match frames to the next track below the active track that has a clip on it. If all other video tracks are empty, you get an error sound. I like this behavior and would like it to continue unchanged.

However, if in the scenario above I have A1 active and all other tracks inactive and I press Match Frame, I get an error sound, even though there is a clip on A3 which could be matched to. I would rather the system use the same rule as with video tracks. i.e. in the scenario where A1 is active and empty and A3 is inactive and has a clip on it, the system should match frame to A3, because it is the next track down in the sequence with a clip on it.

I'm sure my description is overly complicated, and for that I'm sorry.

Media Composer 2019.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller