Latest post Wed, Jan 8 2020 4:05 PM by Marianna. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 8 2020 5:44 AM

• Mark
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 18 2008
    • Hollywood
    • Posts 8
    • Points 170

License not working, says unavailable

Previous computer dead, no way to access it. Had to install avid on another system. upon launching and activating we get an error message too many activations and License Status unavailable.

Is there no option to manage your activations online?

Late 2019 Mac Pro 16c. DUAL Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 2 TB SSD Apple AB [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 8 2020 7:10 AM In reply to

Re: License not working, says unavailable

Mark:

Is there no option to manage your activations online?

No, there's not. You should contact Avid Support.

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact

Select Broadcast & Video, then on the next page click the + next to Contact Support and call the number listed for your area.  Help with activation issues is free, and it's option 2 from the phone menu.

If you still don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com) and Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  They are Avid's customer advocates, and can help you.

Media Composer 2019.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Jan 8 2020 7:21 AM In reply to

• Mark
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 18 2008
    • Hollywood
    • Posts 8
    • Points 170

Yea I contacted jeff 6 hours ago or so but no reply yet.

the "support" (or lack of) is pretty useless. Can't submit a ticket regarding a problem like this and there is no after hours support phone support so GG. There should be an online device management like with other softwares out there...

(I tried calling a few mins past 6pm Pacific time and was already greated with the call back during normal business hours message.)

Late 2019 Mac Pro 16c. DUAL Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 2 TB SSD Apple AB [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 8 2020 7:50 AM In reply to

Hi,

Mark:

I don't know who 'jeff' is. Raff is in the Pacific, so it's the right time of day there now. Or Marianna will be awake in 5 hours or so.

Mark:

the "support" (or lack of) is pretty useless. Can't submit a ticket regarding a problem like this and there is no after hours support phone support so GG. There should be an online device management like with other softwares out there...

(I tried calling a few mins past 6pm Pacific time and was already greated with the call back during normal business hours message.)

I suggest you give that feedback to Raff & Marianna, as they work for Avid and can make sure it gets to the right person.

Media Composer 2019.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Jan 8 2020 4:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,893
    • Points 226,925
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Mark:

Mark

Apologies that I didnt see you posts until now ( 11 EST ) but I did check and your license was in fact activated on 2 Mac's which is why you were locked out. I have manually deactivated so you should be good to launch and activate now. 

Please report back that all is well via the case I created and responded to you in.  if you need additional help - I can jump on this right away.  Note that I did try and call but got your Vmail. You can also call me if need be 813-493-6800. 

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller