Latest post Fri, Jan 3 2020 10:29 PM by Sean. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 2 2020 5:05 PM

• Sean
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 3 2018
    • London
    • Posts 35
    • Points 420

Asking avid directly

If i have an operational question regarding Media Composer that doesn't get answered on the forums is there someone who works for avid i email privatley to get an answer?

MC 2019.11 Asus Radeon RX 480 Dual OC 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card, Microsoft Windows 10 32/64-Bit Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 2 2020 5:26 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,081
    • Points 23,115
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Asking avid directly

Hi Sean,

You can send me an email or pm.

Regards,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 2 2020 8:36 PM In reply to

• Sean
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 35
    • Points 420

Oh great thanks, I'll just write teh question I posted before.

See below

'Does anyone know why, if you sync external audio to a subclip, you then can't trim or lenghten that clip in the timeline? Whereas if one sync's external audio to a master clip then subclip it, you can then trim or lengthen that clip in the timeline? Ultimately both are the same clip - synced audio and video in and out points - when brought to the timeline, one has just changed the order in which they have been created, so I dont see why they should behave differently when editing them in the timeline. 

Would love to know why this happens as I've synced a load of subclips for a short i'm working on - I wont go into why I didn't sync master clips to audio first - and i'm looking to find a work around instead of having to go back and sync masters to audio and re subclip - somebody has suggested group clips function as an option'

MC 2019.11 Asus Radeon RX 480 Dual OC 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card, Microsoft Windows 10 32/64-Bit Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 2 2020 9:09 PM In reply to

Pretty sure I've replied to this Q on Facebook. Can't seem to find it.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 3 2020 12:46 PM In reply to

• Sean
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 35
    • Points 420

Hi, must have missed your reply at the time, but this is what you said...

'If you have done this in a Film Project, you cannot trim beyond the edges of a subclip.If this is not a Film Project, and you find you cannot trim beyond the edges of the sync clip, it is very likely that either picture or sound is no longer than you are trying to trim. Matchframe once to load the synced clip into the source monitor. With the source monitor active, and V1 in the source monitor selected, hit matchframe again and it will bring you to the original master clip for the picture -- or after matchframing one, deselect V1 and with one of the audio channels selected, hit matchframe again and it will bring you to the master clip for the sound'

Yes, I'd already checked using matchframe, and the clip I checked IS longer than the the synced subclip I've created, i.e there should be handles to use. Micheal Phillips on the cow forum remembers this being an issue he encountered in the past, he suggested I check with Avid to find out why it behaves this way. he also recommended group clips as a workaround.

Any more help would be appreciated.

S

• Fri, Jan 3 2020 9:17 PM In reply to

Sean:
    the clip I checked IS longer than the the synced subclip I've created, i.e there should be handles to use.
    Did you check for handles on both picture AND sound? So if sound runs out, you won't be able to trim pas the end of the sound, even if there is more picture.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 3 2020 10:29 PM In reply to

• Sean
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 35
    • Points 420

Yes I thought of that and im pretty sure when I checked both sound and video master have handles, but I'll double check again and get back to you, thanks again for the response. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller