Latest post Mon, Dec 2 2019 7:56 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 2 2019 6:28 PM

• toddzelin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 14 2013
    • Posts 8
    • Points 120

MC 2019.11 Blocking Desktop needs to be stopped

The 2019 updates have started blocking the desktop on Macs. There was a work around in .9 but now I can't get away from it in .11

This needs to changed back... it's messing with my workflow and causing me to waste time and go through extra steps to access the finder. Also lost the availabity to simply check my e-mail, calendar, chat apps, etc. at a glance b/c my desktop and apps is being blocked. 

The race to mimic Premiere has gone too far... I understand the need to keep up with the times and appeal to new users that may be used to different tools but there are seasoned editors that have been using this tool FOR DECADES and these arbitrary changes that no one asked for are making your product worse for them.

At least give us an option to get rid of this pointless background. 

• Mon, Dec 2 2019 7:56 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,826
    • Points 226,045
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: MC 2019.11 Blocking Desktop needs to be stopped

Todd...

I think you are actually complaining about the background on Mac. If that’s the case you can resize the host panel and still access the desktop.  If hyou have two or more monitors, you can still use just a host panel on one display and see the desktop just as you have in previous releases on the second or third display.

Note that there is an open story for Avid to include the resized host panel in workspaces so it persists.   On the roadmap...

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller