Latest post Tue, Dec 3 2019 2:51 PM by Pat Horridge. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 2 2019 6:53 AM

• zefrem7
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 19 2009
    • Posts 44
    • Points 550

Can you move Avid Attic?

I was wondering if it is possible to move the default save location for "Avid Attic" and "AMA Management"? Right now they default save to my public folders which lives on my OS drive (c:\). Can I move them to a different drive with more space and set Media Composer to auto save to the new location?

Thanks!!!

• Tue, Dec 3 2019 4:29 AM In reply to

• Lukas Boeck
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 31 2015
    • Austria
    • Posts 535
    • Points 6,370

Re: Can you move Avid Attic?

I don't think you can automatically save to a new location.

If you think Avid messes up your boot drive, never install an Adobe product ;-)

I recommend you just move current attic to new location.

And you can safely delete AMA Management folder.

MC 2018.12.2 Cusom bulid Supermicro X9SRL-F, 32 Gig Ram, 3ware 9750 6x6TB Seagate EC Drives, LSI 9207 + LTO-6, Mojo DX, Artist Color, Flanders CM240, GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 3 2019 2:51 PM In reply to

Re: Can you move Avid Attic?

No you can't redirect them automatically.

Personally the Attic has no use once a Job is done (and a backup project saved) certainly no value in the last jobs attic. I'd just trash tha attic between jobs. It can get mega in size and file count and will slow MC down.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller