Latest post Wed, Dec 4 2019 11:46 PM by Marcus Johnson. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 25 2019 1:29 PM

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 21 2018
    • Posts 46
    • Points 495

New Blue Titler Pro 5

I was wondering if people are having a lot of problems with this?  When installing a new font, the old title tool can see it not problem but New Blue asks to be pointed at the font.  But it will not see the font folder in C:\Windows\Fonts.  This may be a simple fix (hopefully!). 

The current work around is to drop the font on a local drive but when opening a title using that font, it is still not recognised until you click the line of text.  Then New Blue decides to change all the alignment and kerning which has to be manually changed back.

Also, when centreing the text, it wants to centre the text box rather than the text.  But if you change the text box to fix the text it will squeeze the text. 

Is there something silly I am missing?

Regards,

Rory

Windows 10, Media Composer 2018.11, New Blue Titler Pro 5

• Wed, Nov 27 2019 12:38 PM In reply to

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 46
    • Points 495

Re: New Blue Titler Pro 5

I noticed that there is a fonts directory in C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\Titler Content\Resources\Fonts.  I tried dropping the font in there but that did not work either. 

My new work around is to drop the font into the C:\Windows\Fonts folder and then reinstall NewBlue titler.  This seems to rescan the windows fonts folder and allow constant use of the newly installed fonts.

• Wed, Nov 27 2019 7:19 PM In reply to

Rory T:

I was wondering if people are having a lot of problems with this?  When installing a new font, the old title tool can see it not problem but New Blue asks to be pointed at the font.  But it will not see the font folder in C:\Windows\Fonts.  This may be a simple fix (hopefully!). 

The current work around is to drop the font on a local drive but when opening a title using that font, it is still not recognised until you click the line of text.  Then New Blue decides to change all the alignment and kerning which has to be manually changed back.

Hi Rory,

Just want to make sure that I understand what's happening - are you opening a Titler Pro title that was created on a different computer, using a font that you didn't have on your computer? Then you're having trouble installing that font and getting Titler Pro to recognize it?

If I've misunderstood please let me know so I can assist you further.

• Wed, Nov 27 2019 7:20 PM In reply to

Rory T:

Also, when centreing the text, it wants to centre the text box rather than the text.  But if you change the text box to fix the text it will squeeze the text. 

Is there something silly I am missing?

On the Style tab, underneath the font dropdown, the button on the far left (looks like a little paragraph) is the Justification menu and sets how your text is aligned inside the box.

• Thu, Nov 28 2019 10:19 AM In reply to

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 46
    • Points 495

When making a title with a font that is not on the computer I can seleect it in the list of fonts but it just defaults to Arial.  When opening up the title again it says the font is missing and asks to be directed to it.  But the Windows fonts folder is invisable.

I noticed that there is a fonts directory in C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\Titler Content\Resources\Fonts. I dropped it in there also but it still does not want to remember the correct font. When asking for the font New Blue will not even recognise the Windows font folder. It will recognise the C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\Titler Content\Resources\Fonts folder and show the correct font.

But it will still not remember which font it in after closing and then re-opening to edit a pre-existing title.
    What I have eventually got working was to re-install the software. Maybe this rescans the windows font folder to build it's own library.

Regarding the formatting issue, I sat down with the editor (I am the techie) to see if we could figure it out. That turns out he was copying from an excel spreed sheet, the copy was copying some other  formatting data from that sheet and when you clean up all the text, it seems to work as expected.

• Thu, Nov 28 2019 10:36 AM In reply to

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 46
    • Points 495

I have tried to reply twice but the page does not go to "waiting for approval" page and the post never appears? :/

• Wed, Dec 4 2019 11:46 PM In reply to

Rory T:

When making a title with a font that is not on the computer I can seleect it in the list of fonts but it just defaults to Arial.  When opening up the title again it says the font is missing and asks to be directed to it.  But the Windows fonts folder is invisable.

I noticed that there is a fonts directory in C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\Titler Content\Resources\Fonts. I dropped it in there also but it still does not want to remember the correct font. When asking for the font New Blue will not even recognise the Windows font folder. It will recognise the C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\Titler Content\Resources\Fonts folder and show the correct font.

But it will still not remember which font it in after closing and then re-opening to edit a pre-existing title.
    What I have eventually got working was to re-install the software. Maybe this rescans the windows font folder to build it's own library.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, took awhile to catch up on everything after Thanksgiving.

At this point I'm not sure what the issue is. When you get a chance if you could please email our support department that would be great:   support@newblueinc.com

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller