Latest post Thu, Nov 7 2019 5:48 PM by dlogneb. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 6 2019 10:42 AM

• goodBoy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 24 2019
    • Posts 16
    • Points 160

Adjusting gain on multiple audio clips in the timeline

Hope this isn't too stupid a question, but, in the timeline, is there a way to adjust the gain on multiple audio clips at the same time? I know how to do it in a bin, but I can't seem to find a way in the timeline. When I click on 'Apply Gain' in the Clip menu, nothing happens.

iMac Pro, 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W, 32 GB RAM, Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB, QNAP NAS connected by Thunderbolt, MC 2019.9 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 6 2019 10:49 AM In reply to

Re: Adjusting gain on multiple audio clips in the timeline

1. Mark in/out around the clips you want to adjust

2. In the audio mixer adjust the gain on any of the clips you marked in step 1

3. In the audio mixer fast menu (hamburger menu) select "Set level on track in/out"

The level you set in step 2 should now be applied to all the clips you marked in step 1

You could also do this:

1. Add audio keyframes to all the clips you want to adjust

2. Mark in/out around all the clips you want to adjust

3. Select any audio keyframe in the marked section

All the audio keyframes in the marked section should now be selected

4. Adjust audio keyframe up or down

Media Composer 2019.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Nov 6 2019 11:07 AM In reply to

• goodBoy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 24 2019
    • Posts 16
    • Points 160

Thanks Carl - you rock! The 1st 3 steps work for me since it's clip gain, not track volume, that I want to adjust.

That being said, I would like to see an easier way to do this, same as in the bin when you select multicle clips and just click 'Apply Gain'. Maybe a feature in a later version of MC?

iMac Pro, 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W, 32 GB RAM, Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB, QNAP NAS connected by Thunderbolt, MC 2019.9 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 7 2019 5:48 PM In reply to

• dlogneb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 27 2014
    • Posts 46
    • Points 465

It would be great to be able to do this in the timeline though.  I set the tracks and the in/out points in the timeline, but I can only adjust one clip at a time.  Would be super helpful to have the "adjust pan/vol in/out" available in the timeline menu.  And please make it mapable to the keyboard!

Also would be nice to be able to use a  keyboard command to move the gain on multiple clips.  Maybe shift-command up/down arrow would do all clips selected?

Avid MC 2018.9.0 Mac Os High Sierra (10.13.6) iMac Pro (2017) 2.3Ghz Intel Xeon W 128 GB 266 Mhz DDR4 Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller