Latest post Tue, Oct 8 2019 3:07 PM by Mike Milo. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 7 2019 10:27 PM

• Mike Milo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Coral Springs, Florida, USA
    • Posts 82
    • Points 1,085

Flatten video tracks

This should be simple but I can't figure out how to do it. Assuming that I have a master track, V1. I've built up 3 additional video tracks on a portion of V1. 

I know I can collapse V2-V4 but I don't know how to make that behave like a Master Clip for the purpose of adding an effect to that stack, for instance a Picture-in-Picture.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

HP Z820 Dual Xeon Processor running Media Composer 2018.12.2 and Nitris DX. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 8 2019 12:57 AM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,352
    • Points 60,450
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Flatten video tracks

This video mixdown/collapse tutorial may be useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siqJ_0Pw1hc

Here is another useful tutorial, fwiw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZcV4RRMFA8

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2019.6.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 8 2019 8:25 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 629
    • Points 7,915

Mike Milo:
    I know I can collapse V2-V4 but I don't know how to make that behave like a Master Clip for the purpose of adding an effect to that stack, for instance a Picture-in-Picture.

Once you've collapsed a set of layers, you'll see that you now have a submaster effect icon on those layers. 

I'm not sitting by MC at the moment, but isn't adding another effect on top of an existing one just a case of ALT-dragging the effect on top?

Be aware that because of the way Avid's effect architecture works, adding certain effects on top of a collapsed V2-V4 stack may also effect the V1 layer

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 8 2019 2:24 PM In reply to

• Mike Milo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 82
    • Points 1,085

Thanks, Adman, the first tutorial does the trick!

HP Z820 Dual Xeon Processor running Media Composer 2018.12.2 and Nitris DX. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 8 2019 3:07 PM In reply to

• Mike Milo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 82
    • Points 1,085

Yes, Bruno. That is what's been happening to V1. Adman's response seems to solve the issue.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller