Latest post Mon, Oct 7 2019 4:12 PM by Erik. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 7 2019 3:47 PM

• Erik
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 5 2006
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 202
    • Points 2,365

MC 2019.9 Timeline with grouped AMA clips crashes repeatedly.

I'm running MC 2019.9. I have a project that I've been working on and off for the last couple of months. I just opened it to work on it today and as soon as the project loads, MC presents a crash report error. I can close the error and MC still functions, but after a few minutes and rather intermittently the same crash report error appears.

The project isn't very complex. Just a simple timeline with clips from interviews. I had AMA linked the 4k prores footage in order to cut down the half hour long interviews. Each was shot with two cameras so I created groups with both angles synced. I have a Blackmagic Decklink card sending SDI video to a FSI DM240 HD monitor. I have the project set for 1080p so I can work and monitor the footage. Final output will be 1080p.

I trashed the project settings, but this had no effect. I've updated the decklink drivers and even turned off the video ouptut but that also didn't seem to make a difference.

I've done several other projects in 2019.9 and they seem to work without an error. What it seems to boil down to is the grouped clips. I can create a simple timeline with just a clip that isn't grouped and don't get an error.

If I just create a simple timeline in a different project and add any grouped AMA clip, MC gives the crash report error. Transcoded clips that are grouped don't seem to have the same issue.

Not sure what is going on with it...but in the past in earlier versions I've never had this type error with the same workflow.

MC 2019.9 Asus Prime X299 Deluxe, 64GB of Memory, Core i9 7940x @3.1Ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti. Running Win10 Pro 64bit MC 2018.4 Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, Oct 7 2019 4:12 PM In reply to

• Erik
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 5 2006
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 202
    • Points 2,365

Re: MC 2019.9 Timeline with grouped AMA clips crashes repeatedly.

A little more information. It may be related in part to showing audio waveforms for these grouped clips. I turned off the waveform audio data in the sequence and haven't seen the error in a while. This again is a new development since I normally like to work with the waveforms being shown.

MC 2019.9 Asus Prime X299 Deluxe, 64GB of Memory, Core i9 7940x @3.1Ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti. Running Win10 Pro 64bit MC 2018.4 Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller