Latest post Mon, Nov 11 2019 9:47 AM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 5 2019 7:46 AM

• LPG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 9 2005
    • Venice, CA
    • Posts 119
    • Points 1,475

MCEM - No Files / Folders / Workspaces

Hello,

I have installed Editorial Management on a server and am connecting to it with a client computer. Both can connect to the Nexis and mount workspaces. The client computer can connect to mediacentral both within Avid and in a chrome web browser, but in both instances all I see in the directory listing on the left hand side is the name of my Nexis. None of my workspaces show up and no files or folders. I'm out of ideas on how to make files show up, it feels like the Nexis needs to be indexed and then the files and folders will show up? If someone can help please.

Running MCEM 19.5 on Windows Server 2016, and Media Composer 2018.12.5 with Nexis Client Manager 18.11

-LPG

• Wed, Oct 16 2019 11:07 PM In reply to

• Masen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 3 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User

Re: MCEM - No Files / Folders / Workspaces

I had to change the Administrator password set in the MC|EM settings.  Your NEXIS has two different admin accounts, with different default passwords.  Try changing the administrator password in NEXIS to match what you are using in MC|EM.

• Mon, Nov 11 2019 9:47 AM In reply to

Re: MCEM - No Files / Folders / Workspaces

Same here,

For Mediacentral editorial and Nexis filegateway you HAVE TO create a new administrator password so the Nexis allows administrator access to the workspaces through Nexis client (Excellent design and well documented Avid). The old se-admin password remains in use.

After that MC-EM starts working, sort of.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller