Latest post Thu, Sep 12 2019 4:52 AM by AndersonSoundRecording. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 10 2019 2:05 PM

360 video editing question(s)

Howdy all.  First time attempting this, and quite new to Media Composer, so please bear with.

Having an issue editing a 360 video.  File is already stitched, so image is continous prior to importing & editing in Avid.

Applied a few basic effects (Boris Continuum VR Sharpen, a little Reorient, minor colour correction for exposure issues only, added a 2D graphic) and rendered back out.  After render, there is a big seam in the 180-degree position (which corresponds to the edges of the equirectangular image).

Trying to figure out what I am doing wrong here.  Has anyone run into something like this?

• Wed, Sep 11 2019 4:15 AM In reply to

Re: 360 video editing question(s)

Just an update:

Did an export with no effects of the file - basically just export exactly what was imported, with no change in the export settings (h.264).  No seam on the uneffected version, so I guess it has something to do with one (or all) of the effects).

• Thu, Sep 12 2019 4:52 AM In reply to

Re: 360 video editing question(s)

So, I think I figured it out.

There is an option in the Reorient plug-in called "Reset Geometries".  Clikcing this eliminated the seam, and possible some other image distortion that was also present.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller