Latest post Mon, Sep 2 2019 6:37 PM by hbrock. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 30 2019 8:36 AM

• SilvaEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 3 2010
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,070

2019.7 - Immediate Help Needed! Video suddenly not showing in Record monitor?

I must have enabled something by some unknown keyboard shortcut but cannot figure out what it is when looking through the menus.

I have video in the source monitor but when playing the timeline I only hear audio, I have black on the record monitor. I've obviously triggered something because in a different project the record monitor is working normally.

What have I accidentally enabled here?

Many thanks

S

• Fri, Aug 30 2019 2:16 PM In reply to

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 5 2011
    • London
    • Posts 346
    • Points 4,205

Re: 2019.7 - Immediate Help Needed! Video suddenly not showing in Record monitor?

Hello,

Do you have dual monitors? I was reading about having dual monitors can cause black screens? Due to the placement of the monitors. Go to top left, Apple logo.  system preferences and try changing the display layout to another side?

Hope that helps?

Leo

Avid Media Composer 2019.7, Pro Tools 2019.6 MacPro6.1 Late 2013 Intel Xeon 12-Core 2.7GHz 64GB RAM Graphics: AMD FirePro D700 OSX Mojave 10.14.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 30 2019 2:24 PM In reply to

• SilvaEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 3 2010
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,070

Re: 2019.7 - Immediate Help Needed! Video suddenly not showing in Record monitor?

Well this is embarassing, just goes to show that in a moment of panic (and baby brain from waking up at 5am for the newborn for the last 3 days) you can forget the most basic priniciples.

I accidentally triggered my track monitor to off Embarrassed

Mods - feel free to delete for the sake of my reputation.

• Mon, Sep 2 2019 6:37 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,525
    • Points 64,110
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

We all make mistakes.  Thanks for sharing.  We all learn from each other.  Your reputation remains intact.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller