Latest post Sat, Aug 17 2019 8:24 PM by Rick Pitchford. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Aug 10 2019 7:20 PM

MC First 2019.7 upgrade - NOT impressed

This upgrade sits between frustrating and maddening. 

I know the bins and project windows are handled differently; I'll deal with it.  But, I can't create a new project in anything but SD.  Bringing in HD media changes the media, not the project.  Older projects (from 2018.7) open as SD and will not load in the composer window without modification.

I don't know what else has changed, because I can't get into anything far enough to experiment.

I'm going to reinstall 2018.7.

My home system: Home built: Asus F2 A85-M Pro motherboard; AMD A10-5800K APU; 32G RAM; Windows 10 Pro; NVidia GeForce GTX 1050. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 11 2019 3:09 AM In reply to

Re: MC First 2019.7 upgrade - NOT impressed

Did you create new user settings? That is mandatory for 2019.x.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 11 2019 12:14 PM In reply to

I went throught the various setting windows, but almost every setting is grayed-out.  It is locked at 720x486 and 29.97.

I also have some setting windows extending beyond the bottom of my (admittedly, small) monitor, hiding the OK/CANCEL buttons.  And, I never have the Bins window when I open a prooject.  I need to go to Windows, Last Active Bin Container every time.

If there is a way to change these settings, I haven't found it.

My home system: Home built: Asus F2 A85-M Pro motherboard; AMD A10-5800K APU; 32G RAM; Windows 10 Pro; NVidia GeForce GTX 1050. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 13 2019 5:45 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,607
    • Points 223,200
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Bin saving.....

1. Open a bin, click the Text View button.

2. Resize, add, hide, or rearrange bin columns according to preference to customize your view.

-  The Name column is the default and the only required column heading.

-  The bin view name changes to an italic name with the file name extension .n to indicate that it no longer matches the original view. If you select a new bin view setting while the current setting is untitled or italic, the system discards the current setting.

3. Click the Bin View menu, and select Save as. The View Name dialog box opens.
    4. Type a name for the custom view, and click OK. As for your monitors.... 

If you have multiple monitors, MC and MCF will detect how many monitors are connected and populate a new “Host Panels” menu located under the Windows menu. When you select another monitor, the newly added monitor will be populated with a Host background panel where you can drag and dock windows.

With two or more monitors connected to the system, when you launch with a new user setting, MC and MCF  will display a main host panel on Display 1 (left-most), and a second host panel on Display 2 and populate the monitors with the default two monitor Workspace.

Hope that helps,

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sat, Aug 17 2019 8:24 PM In reply to

I'm now at the point where existing projects are coming up with bins visible, but new projects show no bins until I select Last Active Bin.

The only working Workspaces selections are the ones I created.

Existing projects are now locked at SD, even though they were created at 720p/59.94.  The only way I can open those past sequences correctly is in a new project I've created to match them, which I had to do by first creating a sequence with matching media.

I'll guess I'll keep this version for a while, but it sure seems clunky.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller